Bdub
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2012 Vstar 950 Tourer

All In the Family

#1 Unread post by Bdub »

Well, I now have 2 new riders in my family! My daughter and my son-in-law just took the MSF class and both passed! My SIL took a cue from me and purchased his-n-hers sportsbikes [they didn't want cruisers - not their style, I understand] before they completed the class. Now all they have to do is go to the MVA and get their new licenses with their motorcycle endorsement. I plan to have us do some riding in southern Maryland as soon as they get proficient enough and confidant in their riding to hit the road. They have Hyosung GT250R bikes, 250cc. If they get enough riding in this year I'm expecting CCitis to hit them about this time next year. My daughter thinks she'll be happy with her bike for a long time, but I already know my SIL will be looking to move up. This is going to be a very good summer. :mrgreen:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: All In the Family

#2 Unread post by jstark47 »

Kudos to them for purchasing appropriate bikes for new riders.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Bdub
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2012 Vstar 950 Tourer

#3 Unread post by Bdub »

Well, had my first ride with my daughter this weekend. What a joy! I've ridden with my SIL also, and now it's time to get the three of us on the road! I'm blessed to be able to share my motorcycle riding with my kids. Once my son gets married next year he wants to join our "club" too. :group:

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Bdub wrote:Well, had my first ride with my daughter this weekend. What a joy! I've ridden with my SIL also, and now it's time to get the three of us on the road! I'm blessed to be able to share my motorcycle riding with my kids. Once my son gets married next year he wants to join our "club" too. :group:
Excellent. :D