Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2007 Tank Vision 250cc.....?

EmuzMan
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: none

Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2007 Tank Vision 250cc.....?

#1 Unread post by EmuzMan »

Hi everybody. I'm graduating from college in December... I currently am using a friend's old '91 Corolla to get me to school/work. I'll be giving the car back to my friend when I graduate so I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a cheap car or motorcycle that I can using after graduating.

Interestingly, a good friend just won a 2007 Tank Vision 250cc bike in a raffle (he bought one $10 ticket) and he's looking to sell it before paying for the title transfer, etc. He says that the Kelly Blue Book value is $2200. He has little interest in keeping it and he could use some cash. I told him I'm interested and I wanted some feedback from some people who know more than me on the subject.

It's got 900 miles on it. The original owner died young and his father raffled it off at the diner he owns. I'm thinking that the most I'd pay is somewhere around $1200. I'd use it mostly for getting around town... and of course I'd take it out for long rides sometimes. Any thoughts? Please share! :boat:

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2007 Tank Vision 250cc.....?

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello Bobby and welcome to the forum. I googled that bike and didn't get any good reviews. If you live in a city and don't ever do any hiway travel at all, and do all your own mech work (because the local independent bike/scooter shop will not work on these) you might get a couple of years out of it. I sold a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 with under 6k on it for $1800 back in June.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

AKjosh36
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 09 buell blast

Re: Thinking about pulling the trigger on a 2007 Tank Vision 250cc.....?

#3 Unread post by AKjosh36 »

Anymore on this? Did u end up buying?