picking the best tire for the job

spitfiremk1guy
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 1984 cb650sc

picking the best tire for the job

#1 Unread post by spitfiremk1guy »

so I have a 1984 cb650sc and im in need of new tires. I live down a mile long dirt road and want a tire that will hold and Im looking for some 100/90-19 FRONT 130/90-16 REAR but im having trouble finding a matching set what would you recommend? if this is the wrong area of the forum to post this let me know so i can move it.

Thanks, Andrew Moreau

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: picking the best tire for the job

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

I would try a set of Bridgestone Spitfire's. I think you can get them in your size.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

spitfiremk1guy
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 1984 cb650sc

#3 Unread post by spitfiremk1guy »

Ok thanks I will check them.

gsJack
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: 02 GS500

#4 Unread post by gsJack »

Depends on what you're going to do with your Nighthawk after you get beyond that first mile of dirt, cruise down the boulevard or race thru the mountain twisties? I used Dunlop K491 touring tires on my 4 old Hondas getting 25-30k miles from the rears.

I traded my 85 CB650SC in on a 97 GS500 and then my current 02 GS500 and have used many tires both radial and bias on them. Did my mountain years on the GSs. Nothing wrong with the Spitfires for all around general use but I'd probably put Avon Roadriders on if I had another mid 80's Nighthawk, an all around good handling long life current bias ply tire that I've used in recent years.

fzrbiker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1992/yamaha/fzr

#5 Unread post by fzrbiker »

Bridgestone Spitfire or Dunlop K491 are both great, but I bought the Dunlop instead because its cheaper and read better reviews.