markfrid
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 99 vstar yamaha

need advice about bad title

#1 Unread post by markfrid »

i live in ohio ,i travel alot ,so thats not a problem.i traded a truck for a vstar in florida. the guy adverseted as 1100cc got it back home its really a 650 . with me not knowing alot. the vin number match,on bike an title.went to get a part for it , thats how i found out is 650..so i called the guy back up . we talked . but i said i wanted a 1100 an thats what you said it was . so here s the deal he wants from me . since he got the tilte all done taxes an all . hes willing to trade back . but wants me to pay him 300 dollars to him because thats what he paid out to get title, taxes an insur.he swears he didnt know it was a 650.what should i do . thanks .

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: need advice about bad title

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Caveat emptor comes to mind.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

fzrbiker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1992/yamaha/fzr

#3 Unread post by fzrbiker »

Forget it. That is pure bullshit, seller wasn't honest enough to tell the truth.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#4 Unread post by NorthernPete »

It's buyer beware. If you didn't find out until afterwards it was on you to see what you were buying. How much are you out for changing ownership on the bike? Might be a wash in the end. If you have the ad you may be able to go to court if it was falsely advertised.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F