Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

CMG’s founder. Rob Harris killed in motorcycle crash

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

CMG’s founder. Rob Harris killed in motorcycle crash

http://canadamotoguide.com/2016/05/15/r ... ment-32943

CMG’s founder, publisher and editor-in-chief Rob Harris died in a motorcycle crash in Ontario today. We’ll be back with you in a few days. Thanks for the support we’ve already received from the community and friends.

Wanted to post this here for any who knew Rob or his site, CMG. I've met him a few times and he was always great to chat with, both of us shared a passion for motorcycling and helping others discover the awesomeness of riding.
Total Motorcycle

May 16, 2016 at 2:14 am

Sorry to hear about Rob’s passing. I’ve met Rob a few times and he was a great guy and really supported the motorcycling community. Definitely will miss him and his work. – Mike Le Pard, Founder, Total Motorcycle.com
Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

Re: CMG’s founder. Rob Harris killed in motorcycle crash

#2 Unread post by Gummiente »

I met him back in the early 90's at a bike show in Collingwood, Ontario. He had recently started the precursor to CMG, a small pamphlet style bike news publication called "Ontario Motorcycle Guide" and he was there on his rat bike Suzuki to cover the event. He was an immediately likable guy with a keen and obvious interest in motorcycling and I remember we chatted at length before he ambled off to take some photos.

RIP, Editor 'Arris.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride