Identify a Bike

JackoftheGreen
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

Identify a Bike

#1 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

I know it's been ages since I posted anything, hoping to be around a little more often now that the riding season is underway.

Hoping to get some assistance identifying a bike (or a similar style) based on a description. We ought to have taken a picture of it, but it was in someone's driveway and we didn't really want to cause a stir. So here's the PD, as the cops say...

It was clearly a sportbike, naked, with a single, large round headlight up front. Unfaired. Trellis-type frame. And the pinion was sorta marine-ish, like the seat on a jetski. Think Honda Nighthawk or a mid-2000s Ninja. The closest comparisons I could find in my search was the MT-01, but this is the US, so probably not. Also could have been anything with a streetfighter kit, but it sure looked clean to be homespun. I did find a picture of a blue Yamaha XJ1000 on Google from a Japanese bike convention that was awfully close, I couldn't find the image again here on my computer though for comparison. Anyway, that's what I got. Any suggestions? Or anything close to that style? Rubia just about dove out the window for a closer look.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: Identify a Bike

#2 Unread post by faded sun »

Can't help with a guess much beyond trellis = Ducati but one thing I have learned is that motorcycle owners love to talk about their bikes, especially exotic looking ones. I would just go knock on the door and ask, but then I live in Canada where most people don't even lock their doors....at least when they are home.

Jock
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.