NEW TOTAL MOTORCYCLE WEBSITE VERSION 17.4!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Today, I am VERY pleased to announce (with glorious fanfare) the new Total Motorcycle website has launched! With over 11 months in the making, Total Motorcycle has a new modern look, feel and responsive design! TMW is running the very latest up-to-date WordPress framework and templates we are now Web 3.0 compatible for the future!

Now you can use Total Motorcycle on your Phone, Tablet, Laptop, In the car, on your bike or wherever you find a screen and an internet connection! It is also 100% compatible with touch screen technology as well.

Features like:
  • Responsive template web design (use on your Phone, Tablet, Latop and PC)
    Integrated Photo Image Swipe & Touchscreen technology
    News Tickers and News RSS feeds
    Popular Articles, Latest Articles widgets
    Social Media integration (Social Widgets, Plugins, Logins, RSS feeds and more)
    Disqus comments (with Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, Google Logins)
    Easier to navigate CSS menu systems across the site
    Keyword, tag, comment searching
    So much more!
Thank you all VERY much for being a part of Total Motorcycle and this BIG transition...Go Explore. :)

Happy 17th Birthday Total Motorcycle!
260 Million Readers, North America's #1 motorcycle website since 2000.
www.totalmotorcycle.com

P.S. Bug catchers wanted! You are our extra eyes and boots on the ground. If you find a bug/error/404/issue with any pages of the new site, PLEASE LET US KNOW. Thank you. :cowboy:
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Snuffleupagus
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Looking to get back on one

Re: NEW TOTAL MOTORCYCLE WEBSITE VERSION 17.4!

#2 Unread post by Snuffleupagus »

I am a casual visitor to your site. The new version looks great. I do have a question. I've always come here to browse through various models do motorcycles and compare. My favorite feature has always been the ability to compare motorcycles side by side. I cannot figure out how to do that in the new version of the site. Is the feature implemented and I am just not seeing it? Or is still waiting to be implemented? Or is it gone for good?

Thanks in advance.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks for making my site, Total Motorcycle, a resource that you use and enjoy! I appreciate it.

Glad you are liking the new version of the site, it's been a long time coming and a lot of work. The side-by-side comparison tool was a really feature. To answer your question I've been trying to make it work with WordPress but keep getting errors as WordPress doesn't use iFrames so I'll have to come up with another option. When the reno dust settles I promise to take a look into options and getting it working again. If you found it useful and was one of your favorite features, chances are others find it useful as well. (note: I've wrote it down on my to-do-list). As so much is going on in the background right now, remind me (if you remember as well) in a couple of months if you don't see it up yet.

Thank you very much for the feedback and enjoy the site!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Snuffleupagus
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Looking to get back on one

#4 Unread post by Snuffleupagus »

Thank you very much for your reply! I am looking forward to it. :)

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Current update:

More great news!

Everything, and I mean, everything that is major on the new site is up-to-date and working. I still am working on small details and adds, plus I still have to get the 2018 model guide up as well (very exciting).

Today they finished updating the template (that's the layout of the site) to the newest version (from 3.4 to 3.8.1) and we are running the most recent version of WordPress as well (4.8). All plugins are completely up-to-date and the new site is more and more optimized each day.

I've also been adding daily motorcycle news as well over there, hopefully you are reading it daily. http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/tag/news/

In the near future, I'll be changing the drop down menu's soon (not yet as I don't want to add too much newness). Just to reorganize links and add new ones.

Soon, the new site will seem like old-hat and I'm sure, if you can believe it, someone just visited Total Motorcycle for the first time since we launched 17.5 years ago and doesn't know what the old site looked like!

Will keep you all updated. Hope you are enjoying the new changes.

Mike

jakebarrell
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Jawa 950

#6 Unread post by jakebarrell »

I see a lot more new featured added onto the new website! Good Going!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

jakebarrell wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:47 pm I see a lot more new featured added onto the new website! Good Going!
Thanks Jake! Glad you like it. Much more to come as people get used to the new redesign.

Today I added a motorcycle "news story of the day" as a main feature I think people will enjoy. Hand picked from the news I post each day.

Today it was about a HOG rally that was postponed due to the area having severe wildfires and instead the organizers turned it from a rally into a charity event!
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/postpone ... 13th-15th/

Mike

jakebarrell
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Jawa 950

#8 Unread post by jakebarrell »

Great, I will check it out! Thanks!