Scooter area wanted!

Altaman
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

Scooter area wanted!

#1 Unread post by Altaman »

May I suggest a Scooter forum area? I have just purchased a Piaggio BV250 and there is really no area for scooter discussion here. A scooter is really the little brother/sister to the motorcycle (in fact I think these Max scooters are a motorbike in scooter clothing) :) .

Alt

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Scooter area wanted!

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Altaman wrote:May I suggest a Scooter forum area? I have just purchased a Piaggio BV250 and there is really no area for scooter discussion here. A scooter is really the little brother/sister to the motorcycle (in fact I think these Max scooters are a motorbike in scooter clothing) :) .

Alt
Hi Alt,

Your wish has been granted in a much larger scale, the whole forum community is scooter domain! :D

In the communities eyes Scooters are no different than motorcycles, after all a scooter rider faces the same danagers, road challenges and questions we all do so TMW doesn't treat scooter riders any differently and we encourage you to post scooter questions in ANY forum. :D

Your right, the bigger scooters sure are motorcycles under there!

Mike.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

QuietMonkey
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#3 Unread post by QuietMonkey »

Mike,

I'd reconsider that one. Easy vote for the scootsquids. There are a couple Scooter Forum requests and with good reason: scooter culture is VERY different from the many other riding cultures, just as Cruiser riders having differing motives than Sportbike riders, and whereas say motocrossers have some similarities to cross-country riders & racers, the mx'rs have quite different perspectives and interests than Trials riders.

Think about the difference between inline skaters, skateboarders and bmx bike riders... or take the bmx group and consider how differnt the bikes and the riding conditions are when compared to mountainbikers (cross country, downhill), roadracers (i.e. endurance, or oval tracks), bmx, and just commuter cyclists...

Mods and Rockers baby! Square pegs, round holes, :D thats my 2-cents

:music: :motorcycle: :cowboy: :scooter: :plane: :ninja: :goldwing: :motorcycle2: :bike6: :party:

BTW: the real reason i came here was to suggest a link to your 2007 Calgary Bike Show review which i am unable to locate...

cheers
"Zounds! Zorched by Zarches, Spaceman Spiff's crippled craft crashes on planet Plootarg!"

For Sale: Ninja 600 with parts bike, needs minor work, $30, no title... (GEE THAT DOESNT RING ANY WARNING BELLS DOES IT?)