Less popups now on Total Motorcycle

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#11 Unread post by dr_bar »

Dohun wrote:WHAT! im disablin immediately then!
You should be able to specify just this site for allowing pop ups...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I want to thank all of you who choose to allow ads to show up when you visit Total Motorcycle, it really does help. :D

Remember if you see any ads that you feel are too annoying, just let me know as I can always do my best to remove them so your visit here is more enjoyable. If in the future you want me to remove an ad, you need to let me know what ad it is (screen shot), the URL of it (where it takes you) and what it is "selling". :D

If you ever want to check to see what ads are running as they change often or want to see if your blocking any ads, here is the main ad page:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/paidads/
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#13 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

Is there a way to make the ads not have sound? That i-pod ad is KILLING ME. I don't need to have ipod advertising blasting over my music every six seconds. I don't mind the ads or popups... but the ones with sound are invasive, especially with no obvious way to turn it off.
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#14 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I feel the same way about the talking smilies. aaarrrrgggghhh..I hate those things. They start talking before I have a chance to close the window on them.

intotherain
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
My Motorcycle: FZ6

#15 Unread post by intotherain »

if something shiny pops up, place "Esc" key to make it stop. this only works in firefox

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DivideOverflow wrote:Is there a way to make the ads not have sound? That i-pod ad is KILLING ME. I don't need to have ipod advertising blasting over my music every six seconds. I don't mind the ads or popups... but the ones with sound are invasive, especially with no obvious way to turn it off.
If you can show me what the ad looks like and the url (right click properties on it or click on it and let me know where it takes you) then I can try to find and kill it.

Unfortunately, the ads are "geo-targeted" so I may not see the same ads you see.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#17 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

http://media.liquidmedianetworks.com/if ... 0&aid=1055

It is the only ad that I've heard... and it is annoying. Very annoying. BTW, I just went though about 100 ads... don't you know when you WANT something to come up, it doesn't. Otherwise, I get it every 5th ad... haha.

Hope that helps with the revenue for the day! I even clicked on some ;)
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DivideOverflow wrote:http://media.liquidmedianetworks.com/if ... 0&aid=1055

It is the only ad that I've heard... and it is annoying. Very annoying. BTW, I just went though about 100 ads... don't you know when you WANT something to come up, it doesn't. Otherwise, I get it every 5th ad... haha.

Hope that helps with the revenue for the day! I even clicked on some ;)
Murphy's law there that you went through so many ads to find it! LOL. Now you know what I'm up agaist to find an ad if I don't know what it looks like...haha Thanks for doing that and I will get on it today and do my best to find and kill it! :D

Sorry for the inconvenience it's caused you in the past. Like this ad, if you find any ad that drives you nutz in the future, let me know right away and I'll see what I can do. :D

Total Motorcycle isn't about revenue #1, it's supporting motorcyclists and motorcycling #1. :mrgreen:
Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

DivideOverflow wrote:Hope that helps with the revenue for the day! I even clicked on some ;)
Thanks so much for clicking on some of the ads! It did help, thank you so much! :D

GREAT NEWS
----------------

Found and killed that ad. Give it an hour or two to kick in and you won't see it again (cross my fingers) for a very long time. :D

Thanks for letting me know about that ad. A little over 6,000 of them where shown BTW. :frusty:

Mike

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#20 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Do we need to actually click on an ad to generate revenue? I thought we just had to let it pop up and then close it after it popped up.