Mood meters?

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Mood meters?

#1 Unread post by Shorts »

So I was falling asleep in bed the other night and I logged off (TMW the last site I looked at before calling it a night). I got to thinking if the Suggestions forums.

Is there such thing as amood meter for each user? I know that most days everyone is happy and normal. But other days, stressed, angry, sad or whatever from daily lives or online confrontations. I thought it'd be a fun neat little feature if there was an adjustable mood meter that is displayed with out avatar or user name. You know its easy to tell what kind of mood people are in when in person, you can see their facial expression or hear their voice. But online?? At the very least, it'll warn other that you're in no mood to be tampered with for the time being :laughing:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Let me see what I can dig up. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Koss
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver

#3 Unread post by Koss »

I like this idea a lot shorts! It would be really cool.
http://www.livevideo.com/Koss

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#4 Unread post by Wrider »

Or at the beginning of each day we can post in a forum just for moods, something like My Mood = :cry: :D :o or something like that...
OK, that was meant as a joke, and probably a really, REALLY bad one... But yeah, good idea, I like the chat, but I've only been on it once with Koss (Nice guy to talk to!) and that lasted a good while...
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

This might take some more time to find. I spent some time this morning looking for a HTML or Java script tag you could add to your sig line but came up blank.

I could do Wrider's suggestion and start a "How are you feelin' this mornin'" thread or you could use the Emoticon graphics in your sign line like:

Today, I'm Feeling: :biker:

The Chat Room is great, I've talked on there more than a few times now and am always checking it to see whos in there. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#6 Unread post by Shorts »

Thanks for looking Mike.

And you, Wrider, with your common sense and simplicity :tease:

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#7 Unread post by dr_bar »

totalmotorcycle wrote:This might take some more time to find. I spent some time this morning looking for a HTML or Java script tag you could add to your sig line but came up blank.

I could do Wrider's suggestion and start a "How are you feelin' this mornin'" thread or you could use the Emoticon graphics in your sign line like:

Today, I'm Feeling: :biker:

The Chat Room is great, I've talked on there more than a few times now and am always checking it to see whos in there. :D

Mike

Is this a help???

http://www.clarksco.com/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

dr_bar wrote:Is this a help??? http://www.clarksco.com/
I appreciate you finding that code Doug (as I couldn't find it, great job!)... doesn't the mood images look a little...ummm... funny?

:laughing:

I can see that image going over well. :laughing:

Mike

Update: I've downloaded the code and took a look at it, it will work, but unfortunately its only a mood for 1 person. So once you change the mood it would affect everyone using it. Hummm... how do you make 7 Billion people in the world happy at once? Use this code! :laughing:

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#9 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

:hypno: You are all feeling happy. You are all feeling happy. You love TMW. TMW is the best. You are very very happy. :hypno:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Scoutmedic wrote::hypno: You are all feeling happy. You are all feeling happy. You love TMW. TMW is the best. You are very very happy. :hypno:
LOL!!!! Ok, that wins the cake for the funniest message I've read all month! :laughing: :laughing:

*Not that it isn't 101% true, it's the use of the hypno smilies and the words, ok, it's all funny!

Mike