We have passed 4,000,000,000 (4 Billion!) hits!

When did you first visit Total Motorcycle?

Pre-2003
12%
12%
24%
18%
12%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
2012+ (Welcome!)
24%

Total votes: 17

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

We have passed 4,000,000,000 (4 Billion!) hits!

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Total Motorcycle has passed 4,000,000,000 (4 Billion!) hits this month (October 2012).

Can you believe it? Amazing eh? Total Motorcycle gets about 60,000,000 hits per month from all our great visitors who are interested in motorcycles, ATVs, a friendly community, you name it. And since 2000 (we are now in our 13th year), I've built the site for one main purpose, to help and support riders around the world. A massive amount of sites have come and gone in those 12 years but Total Motorcycle has not only stayed on but has grown stronger and more popular each passing year. I believe in offering the best information at no cost, because if I can help out any part of the motorcycling community it helps us all out. Did you know we are the Number One motorcycle website since 2004 as well?

If you would like to see the history of Total Motorcycle, check this out: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/total-mo ... -guide.htm

So back to the 4 Billion hit mark. It's humbling isn't it to be part of something that is so big and helps so many. But the real thank you is all to you. Without your interest and support Total Motorcycle could not have reached and helped so many today.

Thank you so much for not only visiting TMW over the years but for spreading the word about it and helping me to support motorcyclists and motorcycling worldwide.

Thank you so much. :cowboy:

I post unbiased monthly stats here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/kudos.htm#WSC

P.S. As I wrote 12 years ago it's still true today:
Welcome to the new Total 100% Motorcycle Website.

The purpose of this site is to share knowledge about motorcycles, motorcycling, from around the world.
No matter what you ride, or where you go, we all share that amazing feeling of freedom, spirit and adventure on our bikes.

What no bike? What are you waiting for! Get out there!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Re: We are about to pass 4,000,000,000 (4 Billion!) hits!

#2 Unread post by High_Side »

Congrats Mike! Whodathunkit way back when you were starting out that you would be here, and doing so well. My question is however: Does this still count if 3 billion of those hits were by Verm?:P

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:Congrats Mike! Whodathunkit way back when you were starting out that you would be here, and doing so well. My question is however: Does this still count if 3 billion of those hits were by Verm?:P
Cheers mate!

Yes, who Whodathunkit! As I measure my success in number of people helped I'm indeed doing very well. :D It also helps that I'm the biggest site out there and I have refused to be bought out or sold out like so many other sites have done*.

The good news is the economy is picking up (or should I say more people are interested in a form of inexpensive, fuel efficient transportation that's fun) according to my increasing stats and we are going to attract even more people to TMW than last year (that's great news!).

As I was saying to one of my advertisers today, one can look at my stats and see where the economy has ebbed and flowed over the past 12 years. So far since March, I have been seeing improving traffic and in fact the advertiser said they hear from the OEM's that bike sales are slowing picking up as well. Good news for the whole industry.

Mike

* It surprises me how many sites are now fully owned by a big company that owns dozens of sites (Mostly different forums they purchased and bundle together in one package and couldn't care less about riding).

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

High_Side wrote: My question is however: Does this still count if 3 billion of those hits were by Verm?:P
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:
High_Side wrote: My question is however: Does this still count if 3 billion of those hits were by Verm?:P
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Awwww, it's good to know he is loved. :D

Mike

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#6 Unread post by sapaul »

Well done Mike, and thank you for giving to us.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

sapaul wrote:Well done Mike, and thank you for giving to us.
Definately, whole heartedly most welcome! :D

And thank you and the many others who make TMW your home. :star:

Mike

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#8 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Keep up the good work. This forum has helped me become the half assed motorcyclist I am today. Lol. Cheers all!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#9 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Yay and congrats!!! :multistars:

If you guys check the list of forum members you will see that Mike has the first two accounts, mine is third, and Ladymx is fifth, High_Side is seventh. INCREDIBLE!!! :mrgreen:

We've really enjoyed having you all around in our family and thanks all for your contributions and friendship over the years. In fact, High_Side and his Mrs. are our best friends now - all started here on TMW!!!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: We have passed 4,000,000,000 (4 Billion!) hits!

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As posted today in our Main Site Page:

WE DID IT.

Total Motorcycle: 4,022,361,471 Hits, 138 Million Helped and Growing.

Give yourself a big pat on the back, you deserve it. Thanks to you and your interest in supporting motorcyclists and motorcycling through TMW we just passed the 4 Billion Hit mark! We have also helped 138 million riders and it is an honor to continue to do so. TMW is not a big company, it's just me and a few dozen volunteers for the past 13 years and I believe in putting people first and profits last. I never sell anyone's information and have always believed in a friendly, helpful and unbiased place to visit everyday. Welcome to the Total Motorcycle Family!