BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: Dealer profits exposed!

#11 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Well I kinda find this one funny as too. As some of you know I just went through a dealership thing and I can and will tell you what you can make.
#1 it depends on the product your selling as some manufacturers guarantee a sales and service area and some do not.
There is some profit in selling but it averages between 10 and 20% that is it. The machines I sold were my cost on a 125cc $500 now, they are available on the internet for $659 with free shipping so how much can you get. To sell it in a store front I'd have to put it together and with my shipping cost for the first 5 pieces I bought, the 125cc quads for $608 each. What could I charge to put it together it takes about an hour so I would be making about $50 on each unit I sold. The service for the unit is where the money is made plain and simple. I get $50 to tune one up it takes 15 min soup to nuts 4 in hour $200. Parts have a good mark up as well but you have serious competition in the internet too. With sales alone a store front would quickly close.
#2 Volume discounts with better name manufacturers the more you sell the better your return it can go as high as %30 but it's not cash it's in purchase incentives which is just as good as long as your moving product.
#3 Warranty issues, the manufacturers differ greatly on this, The manufacturer I used had 0 on labor but 100% on parts only, no shipping costs are paid. Big name brands would pay something on warranty but not much.
There is no way with new units your making 100% mark up no way. The funny thing is with used units :devil: I have sold em at a 500% mark up go figure.
there aint nothin like it

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

jagman wrote:Owning junk such as yours does not entitle you to comment here.
I bet a lot more people think Harleys are junk than Suzukis or Kawasakis.

Comments like yours certainly does not help to mitigate the stereotyping of Harley owners as ethnocentric snobs.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#13 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I love it when the spammers come back. What crap.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars