About to be a proud new owner of an 82 Nighthawk 650 as my first bike EVER! So... yeah, kinda excited.

juntjoo
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Honda Nighthawk

Re: About to be a proud new owner of an 82 Nighthawk 650 as my first bike EVER! So... yeah, kinda excited.

#21 Unread post by juntjoo »

storysunfolding wrote:Check out this site. http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/honda/c ... rs[page]=2

Grab the fuel valve and brake rebuild kits. If you can afford another grand it would be easier to have a mechanic do this for you. If not, see if you can find a local forum and wrenching day for assistance.

Where are you located btw? It's not in your profile.

Thanks. Nice find. I'm in Cape Coral, fl. I'll update that. I'll definitely do these jobs on my own. Google and few hours should do the trick. Though I'd rather not but don't want to spend another g.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: About to be a proud new owner of an 82 Nighthawk 650 as my first bike EVER! So... yeah, kinda excited.

#22 Unread post by faded sun »

I have ridden both the 450 and 750 Nighthawk. Loved both of them. Sounds like you have a pile of work on your hands but it will be worth it when you get it on the road. Good luck.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

juntjoo
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 82 Honda Nighthawk

#23 Unread post by juntjoo »

faded sun wrote:I have ridden both the 450 and 750 Nighthawk. Loved both of them. Sounds like you have a pile of work on your hands but it will be worth it when you get it on the road. Good luck.
Awesome. Good to hear. Haven't done anything yet, just bought a tap & die set to make this petcock serviceable but no time atm. Will report back later

Lion_Lady
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: 2013 BMW R1200R 90th Anniversary

#24 Unread post by Lion_Lady »

Wow. I bought a running, 18 year old Suzuki 250 for $400. It had 11k miles on it. You've been had. This is a garage project not a motorcycle for riding. Best of luck.
Courage in women is often mistaken for insanity - Alice Paul