HandsomeRyan's Blog

NorthernPete
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#41 Unread post by NorthernPete »

If they will tack it on, and its ummm, fairing to fairing, I might go for it. 500 bucks isnt much in the scheme of things, and also, if your planning on selling it in a year or so and upgrading, its a selling point.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

DivideOverflow
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#42 Unread post by DivideOverflow »

I probably would not buy that. I am willing to bet you will want another bike before then. Not that there is anything wrong with the Ninja 250, it is just that most people do get a new bike within 2 years of their first one.

The 250's have been around a long time too... everything that the warranty covers (defects and such), should be ironed out by now. I think you are better off not shelling out the $500.
2008 BMW K1200S
2003 Z1000 - For Sale
1979 KZ650B - Work in progress
2005 Ducati SS 1000DS - sold :'(
1994 VFR750 Interceptor - sold
1984 VF700F Interceptor - sold
2004 Hyosung GV250 - sold

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#43 Unread post by camthepyro »

Maybe today I’ll make up something I need form a store so I can see what it feels like to walk around in a store with the helmet and gloves and stuff.
That is fun to do, you get alot of looks from people (bad looks from the older croud, and good looks from the girls :wink: )

As far as the warranty, are you planning on keeping that bike for that long? 5 years seems like an awfully long warranty.
Member of DWPOMD and RATUBBAW

'80 Suzuki GS 450
'00 Kawasaki ZR7 ( Sold 09/08 )
'82 Honda Nighthawk 450 ( Sold 02/07 )

[url=http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=10838]My bloggy thingy[/url]

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

no biking tonight

#44 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

so my g/f has begun refering to herself as a motorcycle widow because thats all i want to do is play with my new toy.

so tonight i am forsaking riding my bike to go see scary movie 4 with her. (maybe if she plays her cards right we'll even get some ice cream too) and i gotta go spend some time with Doggins. i think i should just change her name because i never refer to her as Princess, always Doggins.
Doggins has been CRAZY because since she had he baby-making parts took out, she has missed her play-dates with her boyfriend (my parents dog). and she is a big ball of energy. i think by next week she'll be well enough to go play again.

ok so anyway. if you were holding your breath for motorcycle news, there is none. but this weekend i want to go do some nice riding so stay tuned...
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

Z (fka Sweet Tooth)
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#45 Unread post by Z (fka Sweet Tooth) »

Man I must have really read your post too fast because I thought you were calling your g/f "doggins"...lol I knew I had missed something when I read that she missed playing with her boyfriend, your parents dog. I've spent WAY too much time starting at this computer... :laughing:

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#46 Unread post by camthepyro »

HandsomeRyan
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:54 am Post subject: no biking tonight
so my g/f has begun refering to herself as a motorcycle widow because thats all i want to do is play with my new toy.
Haha, funny you say that, my gf has been the same way. She keeps saying that I'll probably leave her for the bike, and that I should consider that a motorcycle isn't as much fun in bed as it is on the road.

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#47 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

a little bonus for people who read my blog.

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/159752/

cool video of a bike, car, and plane racing.
[b]Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency! [/b]

camthepyro
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#48 Unread post by camthepyro »

That's cool, looks like the acceleration wise, the bike was the fastest, but top speed, I was the slowest. Which I guess is common sense...

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#49 Unread post by blues2cruise »

By passing your MSF course, does that mean you are fully licensed, or do you still have to go for a road test to get fully licensed?

BigChickenStrips
Legendary 500
Legendary 500

#50 Unread post by BigChickenStrips »

by passing the MSF i got the driving portion of the test waived, so i had to go to the DMV and take an eye test (if you can read the font this is typed in you could pass that eye test) then i got the full licence. i never did a "learners permit" or anythign like that. but now i am fully licenced, i can ride after dark, with passengers, and as far from my home as i wish (i can, not that i should).