Scoutmedic -- The trials and journies of a *n00b*

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2003 Honda Gold Wing

#71 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Finally turned over 2,000 miles on my bike. Only been on it once in the last three weeks. I'll probably put around 100 miles on it tomorrow during a PGR Mission.

It's supposed to be 51 at 8am when we're starting but, warm up into the upper 60's or low 70's by noon.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

Been a while

#72 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Been a while since I posted anywhere on the site. Ended the year with about 2,400 miles on my bike. Actually got to go for a 130 mile ride on December 13th. It was sureal. Never thought I'd do that here in the snowbelt of Pennsylvania.

Looking forward to Spring so I can get out cruising again. Trying to save up some cash to head to Myrtle Beach Bike Week. If I don't make it this year, I'll definitely go next year.

January 26, 27, 28 is the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show in Cleveland. Planning on hitting that one day. It'll be my first one. Hoping to go on Saturday with some of my riding buddies. If not, I'll be there on Sunday with my wife and father-in-law.

Got a deer alert to install on my ride before Spring and might be picking up a headlight modulator before Spring too.

Guess that's about it. Talk to you all soon I'm sure!

Stay Safe Out There!

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#73 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Got out for a short cruise today. The weather was in the 60's! :woot:

Passed a few other riders out and about and chatted with a couple guys that had been out for around 2 hours already with another hour or so before they were done.

I definitely dressed too warm. I was sweating like crazy and could hardly peel my jacket off when I got home.

My new Vega helmet was good. Not too much noise and nice venting. Put my quick release chin strap on it when I got home. I still have to get the deer avoidance system installed.

Bike ran great once I got it going. Didn't like sitting unattended all winter and she was a bit bratty. :laughing:

I'm fueled up and ready for the next nice day!

:bike6:

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#74 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Noice! need pics of your cruise.... Im going through withdrawl of bike!!!
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#75 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I'll see what I can do. It's pretty dirty at the moment. Maybe I can finally get my wife to use her camera instead of me. It's been 10 months. :laughing:

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#76 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

The annual St Patrick's Day Blizzard hit. Got about 10 inches of snow. :frusty:

STUPID IRISH! Why would you make someone who brings snow every year a Saint???? :laughing:

Happy Blizzard Boy Day all you Irish folk! :mrgreen:

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#77 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

Been out riding three times since St Patrick's Day and got the deer alert installed on my bike. But, came down with a cold and couldn't get out at all this past week. To top it off, it's supposed to snow again by the end of this week! :frusty:

Got some experience taking things off my bike. I ended up removing the seat and the tank to get the deer alert installed. Scared the "poo poo" out of me just thinking about taking the tank off. Didn't know what all would be involved. Turns out that it was as simple as disconnecting the fuel line, removing one screw and pulling the tank off. :laughing:

I also discovered that I'll need to remove the side panels, seat, tank and coil to get to my air cleaner... :blink:

Well, time to head off. I'll leave info on the deer alert system once I've had a chance to see it in action.

Stay Safe!

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#78 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I've been a member of the Patriot Guard since I started riding. This video on YouTube says exactly why I joined and remain in the organization.

Remember Me by Lizzie Palmer
Last edited by Scoutmedic on Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#79 Unread post by Shorts »

:cry: Great video.

Scoutmedic
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#80 Unread post by Scoutmedic »

I thought so Shorts. Definitely a tear jerker.

No new bike stuff to report really. Still icey here from dusk til dawn. :frusty:

Spent some time today organizing and re-organizing my saddlebags to try and fit the new first aid kit in. I just have too much "extra" stuff during cold weather and my bags are too small. Once warmer weather hits I should be able to fit it in.

Trying to come up with the money for a backrest and luggage rack. Then I can attach another bag for more stuff. :laughing:

Talked to a couple of the supervisors at work. We've decided there are enough of us that ride to warrant doing a "monthly ride day." Planning on having an employee from a different part of the region "host" it each month. Our EMS service operates out of 9 stations and covers parts of six counties the in Northwest corner of PA. Lots of different areas to cruise. :mrgreen:

Stay Safe!
Last edited by Scoutmedic on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.