Wrider's Scribblings

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#61 Unread post by Wrider »

Eh it's kinda nice having a record of what I thought and what was going on!

Oh, and to tour like beemerchef would be amazing!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#62 Unread post by ceemes »

Wrider wrote:Oh, and to tour like beemerchef would be amazing!
Wouldn't it just? If I ever hit the lotto, first thing I'd do is kit out a Triumph ST and then bugger off around the world with just the bike, camcorder, laptop and enough clothes for a week.......
Always ask why.

fireguzzi
Site Supporter - Bronze
Site Supporter - Bronze
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: dream bike (really, it's in my dreams)

#63 Unread post by fireguzzi »

Hey man, keep on writing. I'll read it. I gotta live vicariously through others until I get a motorcycle again. yeah I know you ain't got one either but at least you get to ride other peoples sometimes. :frusty:
[img]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/fireguzzi/papabarsig.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#64 Unread post by Wrider »

So I had an interview today! Yay! Guy says he'll be making his decision within a week which is great news! I am pretty sure the interview went well, plus it doesn't help I'm one of two applicants, one of which he's never met... :laughing:
If I get it I'll be moving down to Trinidad, CO. If that rings a bell for any of you, I'm slightly concerned about your past. Mainly because it's the sex-change capital of the world. :lol:
Ah well, just gotta be careful who I pick up in a bar :laughing:
Well wish me luck!
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#65 Unread post by Wrider »

Well guys and gals, good news and bad news.
First the bad news. Thursday of last week I was backing a quad out of the warehouse and the knobby tire caught a fender on an 03 Volusia of all bikes. The tire grabbed it and before I could stop broke the fender. They ended up canning me because of the combination of that and the shop was fairly slow.
Now for the good news..
That was on Thursday at about 9:45. By 10:30 I had an interview set up at another shop for the next day. Friday I make the 5 hour trip to Gunnison and interviewed. It went really well and on Saturday they hired me.
So I have a new job, my lease is month-to-month so no exorbitant fees for breaking it. I'm moving out of a town I don't like to one I have liked since I was little. And I'm actually wrenching now instead of running parts!

This also means I'll be closer to the AMA Women's Conference, and it's one beautiful and fun ride from the conference to my new shop!

MZ33
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: fabulous 2008 Kawi Versys

#66 Unread post by MZ33 »

Excellent new, Wrider!! One of the parts guys at a local dealership here is a mechanic--he got stuck there during a slow-down when the choice was parts counter or layoff (geee, lemme think . . . uh . . . ). Unfortunately for him, they so like having a mechanic in Parts that they won't let him go back to the shop. Poor guy. But he is great in the parts dept. He misses the solitude of wrenching, though--too many cranky customers.

Congrats, and enjoy! See you in August, hopefully!
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/16jla1l.jpg[/img]

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#67 Unread post by Wrider »

Well so far I'm surviving my first week of wrenching. So far I've done a few oil changes, tire change, made a TTR run that didn't before, installed a PITA winch on a Grizzly, and am currently working on an old Honda XR350 with no spark and no battery... :frusty: It's gonna end up costing the guy more than it's worth.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#68 Unread post by Wrider »

Well today I found out I'm no longer a mechanic at the shop, I'm an everything guy. Funny, I was honest when I told them I didn't have any shop experience and yet they wanted to treat me like I had two years of experience. Oh well. Regular pay now so I can afford to live is always nice.
I'm still able to work on my own stuff, I'm still working for the shop, and I'm still employed, so it works for me. Now hopefully it lasts through the winter!

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#69 Unread post by Wrider »

Sunday September 13th I went down for the first time. I've got a broken 5th metacarpal and a super stretched inner medial ligament. I can walk, but not well. My right hand hurts bad, but I'm ok overall. Getting the bike tomorrow to check it out and see what it'll take to fix it.

RhadamYgg
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006/Yamaha/FZ6

#70 Unread post by RhadamYgg »

Oh no! I hope this doesn't affect you at the job. I've heard stories about jobs getting rid of people because of health issues, but with no documentation of someone stating "I'm going to fire this guy because he's got a health issue." there appears to be little grounds for a lawsuit.

Besides a lawsuit never gets you what you need the most - and that is to stay working.

RhadamYgg
RhadamYgg / Skydiver / Motorbike Rider / Mountain Climber
FZ6/11302 mi|Suzuki B-King/5178 mi|Ninja 250cc/5300 mi| (rented)ST1300 850 mi
Hoping my kids don't hate me too much in the future.
Random 2003/Corwin 2006/Cordelia and Morrigan 2009