sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

Re: SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

#992 Unread post by sv-wolf »

blues2cruise wrote:Are you too busy for us these days?

Ouch, Blues!

Truthfully, yes, and no. I look in on the site regularly but my energy levels for posting anything have plummeted in the last 12 months. I feel tired all the time (TAT syndrome.) I don't have time to ride nearly as much as I used to, and though I haven't lost interest in the bikes - not at all - with everything else going on, they don't occupy such a big place in my life as they did - so I have less to post about.

Last year I started taking on a lot of commitments to fill in my spare time. It was all meant to get me back into the swing of things. Instead, It has knackered me, so that my enthusiasm for doing anything more physical has dwindled. I'm heavily over-committed. And some things, I'm beginning to realise, are not so good for me, so I'm slowly trying to extract myself from them as gracefully as possible. What free time I have left is spent in front of the telly watching DVDs.

But there is some good news. I still have a job and a stable income - for now. (A lot of my colleagues got the push last month, leaving many of the desks around me empty - I've lost a lot of friends at work.) But I've also managed to pay off a lot of debts recently including my mortgage. Wooo Hoooo. That means I can start thinking again about a new bike, maybe something small, a trailie, perhaps, something that is good on the road and off. I'll keep the Daytona though. I've decided it's too much fun to part with it. And I'm still dreaming of that long holiday on two wheels. The cash is now coming available again (if I don't blow it on other things). All I need now is the right bike and a little (actually, a lot) more energy.

Ride safe (and good to hear from you - thanks for posting.)

Hud
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#993 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Hey, hey...congratulations on paying off the mortgage. That sure must be a good feeling.

Will you sell the Suzuki then?

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#994 Unread post by Wrider »

blues2cruise wrote:Hey, hey...congratulations on paying off the mortgage. That sure must be a good feeling.

Agreed on the congrats for paying off the mortgage!

And you're not allowed to sell the Suzuki. I'm currently working on an ingenious and foolproof plan to rig a contest to win tickets to the Olympics. I'll need something to work on while I'm over there! I'll even pack the multimeter!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#995 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Wrider wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Hey, hey...congratulations on paying off the mortgage. That sure must be a good feeling.

Agreed on the congrats for paying off the mortgage!

And you're not allowed to sell the Suzuki. I'm currently working on an ingenious and foolproof plan to rig a contest to win tickets to the Olympics. I'll need something to work on while I'm over there! I'll even pack the multimeter!
Over where? The 2012 summer olympics are in London.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#996 Unread post by dr_bar »

blues2cruise wrote:Over where? The 2012 summer olympics are in London.
Hmmm... Olympics in London, SV lives in England, me thinks Wrider wants to play with a bike while in England. I'm sure it's just to keep his skill level up while on holidays... LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#997 Unread post by Wrider »

dr_bar wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:Over where? The 2012 summer olympics are in London.
Hmmm... Olympics in London, SV lives in England, me thinks Wrider wants to play with a bike while in England. I'm sure it's just to keep his skill level up while on holidays... LOL
There ya go. And yes, I just want to use it as a trip to meet this mysterious Hud in person and play with his SV!
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#998 Unread post by dr_bar »

Yes, we all want to meet the elusive Hud... It's about time he came and played in our back yard... LOL

Wrider, I have a Valkyrie for sale... LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

sv-wolf
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

#999 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Hi Wrider

I took your comment about fixing a contest to win a ticket to the Olympics as a wry Wrider joke. But seriously, if you do intend to visit the UK or are searcing for a way over here, I am a 30 minute train journey away from the centre of London - so let me know.

LOL. You would be very welcome to play with the SV, if that's what floats your boat, but If you did get over I'd imagine you would find some rather more interesting things to do. There's very little that London doesn't have to offer...

Up to you, of course! ;-)

Cheers

Hud
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#1000 Unread post by Wrider »

Honestly if I could possibly manage it I'd be over there in a heartbeat. I'd love to visit the UK. Unfortunately it's not in the cards at the moment, financially or time-wise. This stupid "work" thing doesn't give me enough free time and doesn't pay enough to have fun on said free time!