sv-wolf
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

Re: SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

#951 Unread post by sv-wolf »

jstark47 wrote:Chocolate scones sounds tasty - I like scones anyway.

JS (from rain-lashed NJ, waiting for that damn hurricane)
Hi JS is everything all right there? It's not clear here from news broadcasts how far inland it is having an effect.

Best wishes

Richard
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#952 Unread post by blues2cruise »

drumwrecker wrote:Richard,
Did you have any luck taxing the SV?
I'm not sure if my emails are gettng through from here in France.
He's too busy baking and eating chocolate goodies. :mrgreen:

blues2cruise
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#953 Unread post by blues2cruise »

jstark47 wrote:Chocolate scones sounds tasty - I like scones anyway.

JS (from rain-lashed NJ, waiting for that damn hurricane)
I had a cup of tea and a raisin scone out on my deck in the sunshine yesterday. :mrgreen: :P

drumwrecker
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 51
My Motorcycle: 2003 VFR VTEC, 2007 Yamaha TDM900, CRF23

#954 Unread post by drumwrecker »

As I said in my email, if you have the SORN you may be able to tax the bike on line as it has a reference number for retaxing or to continue SORN.
I always use the web to tax my bikes and car.
125 BSA Bantam, 1960 Ariel Arrow, 1948 Vincent Rapide, Matchless G9, AJS 250 CSR, 159 Triumph Bonneville, Honda CB500, BMW K75s, Suzuki GS500, Suzuki SV650s, Honda VFR750FL, Yamaha TDM900, 2003 Honda VFR VTEC, 2008 CRF230F,

sunshine229
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#955 Unread post by sunshine229 »

blues2cruise wrote:I had a cup of tea and a raisin scone out on my deck in the sunshine yesterday.
Wanna know something weird? They call raisin scones "fruit scones" here in the UK... :wtf:

Hey SV-Wolf... I just noticed your blog is at 96 pages!!!!!!! You deserve a medal!!! :hooray:

You da man! :king:
Andrea :sun:

sv-wolf

#956 Unread post by sv-wolf »

drumwrecker wrote:As I said in my email, if you have the SORN you may be able to tax the bike on line as it has a reference number for retaxing or to continue SORN.
I always use the web to tax my bikes and car.
Hi Ron

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. I tried it. You can only use the reference number on the tax notification form once. (Look carefully, you'll see it in the small print somewhere). Once you have used it to SORN a bike, you can't then reuse it to tax it online. If you want to use the web at that point, you have to have the reference number from the log book. This is DVLA we are talking about, after all. If I were a conspiracy theorist I'd think that the gov are not just keen to maintain the exploitation of the working class they want to cause us maximum aggro as well. :mrgreen:

drumwrecker wrote:Richard,
Did you have any luck taxing the SV?
I'm not sure if my emails are gettng through from here in France.

Sorry, Ron, the penny just clicked on this one. I haven't been reading your emails since I assumed they were funnies. As you know I save up all your funnies for when I feel down. With the SV fixed and this chocolate business I haven't been feeling low recently - so I haven't been opening your emails. I'll go back and check em out.

Hope St Antonin Noble Val is as fu*king nice as it was when I was last there. Have fun, won't you! :wink:
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#957 Unread post by Wrider »

Heya buddy... Where are ya? I miss you!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

sv-wolf

#958 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Hiya Wrider

I've been meaning to find time to post stuff on TMW for weeks now. I've rarely been so busy, though, or so tired. It's all my own fault: I've overcommitted myself in every direction. When I get home after work my evenings are taken up reading magazine copy, writing articles, researching information, giving talks, going to meetings, doing union work or organising events. When I'm spending time on any of that, all I want to do is to cook up a good meal, settle down in front of some some mindless DVD or go to sleep.

For someone whose idea of heaven is either riding into the sunset on a big yellow three cylinder beast or slobbing out on the couch, I seem to have an appetite for this kind of stuff. I've always had poor concentration, so head work does not agree with me. It gets me stressed. So why do I do it? Lots of complicated reasons, I guess.

Years ago, when I was doing a college course I went to a hypnotherapist to see if she could help me concentrate better. She did this guided imagery thing. She put me into trance and then talked me through a series of images. She got me to imagine myself in a giant library where I was studying the contents books in detail with a magnifying glass. I remember that library clearly. Where my imagination dredged it up from, I can't imagine. It was all dark, heavy carved-wood panelling - stuff I hate - very oppressive. Trouble was, the more the hypnotherapist talked me through it, the more uncomfortable I began to feel and the more agitated I became, until without any warning the whole bloody library exploded - the roof blew off and the walls blew up and away away and disappeared, leaving me stading alone on this huge rocky plain with blue mountains in the distance. Then this beautiful white horse came by. I leapt onto her back and we went galloping off across the mesa. I reckon my unconscious was giving me a pretty clear measage: you don't need this "poo poo"! But it appears part of me does because I keep getting myself saddled with it.

It wasn't long after all this that I bought a new motorcycle - the first I'd had in a fair few years. (Cheaper and faster than horses and easier to maintain.)

This weekend I haven't touched either bike. The SV and the Daytona have just been sitting idle at the back of my house - but I've had a fantastic time. It was my 60th birthday on Saturday. :goof: I've had three great days of eating out; going to the theatre, and enjoying myself with friends. Best birthday I've had in years. Being 60 is like being 50 or 40 or 30, except that it isn't. Don't ask me to explain. If you don't know, I can't tell you. It does mean that I can soon get my over-60 travel pass which allows me to use rail transport to travel anywhere in the country dirt cheap. But why would anyone want to travel on a train when they can go by bike? (Apart from the price of petrol.) OK, maybe it will be useful when it snows hard and I have to go up to Manchester. Gotta be positive about this. And if my work makes me redundant, which it may well do in a few months' time, this might just be the only way I can afford to travel.

Back to work tomorrow. Joy neverending!

Hud
Hud

Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#959 Unread post by jstark47 »

sv-wolf wrote:For someone whose idea of heaven is either riding into the sunset on a big yellow three cylinder beast......
Walked into the local Triumph dealership this Thursday past, and there's a big yellow three cylinder beast for sale..... yellow Daytona 955i, a 2003, I think. When I saw it, I thought of you immediately!
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#960 Unread post by Wrider »

Sounds like you're at least having a decent time!

And well, happy60th birthday!!!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha