Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Honda Fireblade, 2004: Suzuki DR650, 201

Re: SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

#961 Unread post by sv-wolf »

jstark47 wrote:
sv-wolf wrote:For someone whose idea of heaven is either riding into the sunset on a big yellow three cylinder beast......
Walked into the local Triumph dealership this Thursday past, and there's a big yellow three cylinder beast for sale..... yellow Daytona 955i, a 2003, I think. When I saw it, I thought of you immediately!

It didn't have an undamaged left fairing, did it? One they would be willing to ship over here at a knockdown price and at a moment's notice? Sigh! I'm getting to the stage where I can't stand looking at the damage to my current fairing much longer. There are lots of things I need to buy though. My monitor has a bunch of dead pixels in the corner now, and they are slowly spreading.

Good to hear from you Mr Stark.

Ride safe.
Last edited by sv-wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

sv-wolf

#962 Unread post by sv-wolf »

Wrider wrote:Sounds like you're at least having a decent time!

And well, happy60th birthday!!!
Wrider!

For god's sake!!!!

Ssssssssssshhhhhhh!

The age pixies will hear you.

:shock:
Last edited by sv-wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hud

“Man has no right to kill his brother. It is no excuse that he does so in uniform: he only adds the infamy of servitude to the crime of murder.”
Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

sv-wolf

#963 Unread post by sv-wolf »

sunshine229 wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:I had a cup of tea and a raisin scone out on my deck in the sunshine yesterday.
Wanna know something weird? They call raisin scones "fruit scones" here in the UK... :wtf:

Hey SV-Wolf... I just noticed your blog is at 96 pages!!!!!!! You deserve a medal!!! :hooray:

You da man! :king:

Hi Andrea

I understand that over there in the wilds of Canuckistan some things are done differently, but if you don't describe raisins as dried fruit, how do you describe them? Geeez! Perhaps you are all reduced to chewing on grizzly bear hide in the winter and forget these things. Or perhaps you don't have Tesco supermarkets. How weird can you get!

Anyway, you have scones. That's very commendable. You've learned well.

D'you know, I didn't notice your comment about my blog being 96 pages long when you first posted. I didn't actually know that it was 96 pages. (My god! Have I lived so long???????) It's 96 pages of pure gold, of course. I guess I have you and Mike to thank for hosting and recording such a lot of electrical activity going on inside a person's head. It seems a strange occupation for adults, but I'm very grateful anyway. :wink:

Cheers

Hud
Hud

Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#964 Unread post by jstark47 »

sv-wolf wrote:
jstark47 wrote:
sv-wolf wrote:For someone whose idea of heaven is either riding into the sunset on a big yellow three cylinder beast......
Walked into the local Triumph dealership this Thursday past, and there's a big yellow three cylinder beast for sale..... yellow Daytona 955i, a 2003, I think. When I saw it, I thought of you immediately!
It didn't have an undamaged left fairing, did it?
Actually the whole bike was immaculate. Destined to be a collectors' item some day, that's not a common bike over here, especially in that color.

sv-wolf wrote:There are lots of things I need to buy though. My monitor has a bunch of dead pixels in the corner now, and they are slowly spreading.
How old is it? My system is eight years old and the monitor is fine - I've never seen dead pixels on a monitor.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

sv-wolf

#965 Unread post by sv-wolf »

jstark47 wrote:
sv-wolf wrote:
jstark47 wrote:
It didn't have an undamaged left fairing, did it?
Actually the whole bike was immaculate. Destined to be a collectors' item some day, that's not a common bike over here, especially in that color.
Weep!

That's interesting about them being uncommon though. I put out a Google alert for anyone selling fairings for a 2006 Daytona 955i and practically the only ones that have turned up (three to date) have come from the West Coast of the US. So if it's not a common bike in the US, what's going on? Maybe you crash them more than we do? Or maybe we are just hoarders and don't like letting go of stuff. Second-hand parts for the 955i are like gold dust over here, and Triumph are milking that for all its worth. A new left-hand fairing from Triumph would set me back £280.

sv-wolf wrote:There are lots of things I need to buy though. My monitor has a bunch of dead pixels in the corner now, and they are slowly spreading.
How old is it? My system is eight years old and the monitor is fine - I've never seen dead pixels on a monitor.[/quote]

Glad you said that. That's what I thought. My monitor is five years old next month. I bought it cheap but I know three other people who bought the same monitor about the same time and theirs are all fine. Perhaps my PC is taking a lesson from the Daytona. Perhaps I live on a ley line. Perhaps I should give in and go and get dinner.

Cheers

Hud
Last edited by sv-wolf on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hud

Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#966 Unread post by Wrider »

Enjoy your dinner! And get over here with your bikes!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#967 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I don't know what prices are like in the UK, but new monitors here are not too expensive...unless you choose it to be. :mrgreen:

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#968 Unread post by jstark47 »

blues2cruise wrote:I don't know what prices are like in the UK, but new monitors here are not too expensive...unless you choose it to be. :mrgreen:
Heck, whole new systems have gotten very reasonable. And if you can make do with just a netbook, those are even cheaper. There are now some for less than 250 US dollars.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

sv-wolf

#969 Unread post by sv-wolf »

A decent 21 inch monitor here costs about £100, though you can find bargains if you look hard.
Hud

Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog

sv-wolf

#970 Unread post by sv-wolf »

It's already the 25th here. But some of you will have to wait a couple of hours for the sun to catch up. (It's such a slowcoach these days!)

Cheers everyone
And Happy Christmas,to anyone who happens to look in.

:motorcycle1:

Hud
Hud

Percy Bysshe Shelley

SV-Wolf's Bike Blog