mmmmmmmmmmm monster. :twisted:
thats a sweet bike.

Maggie
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

mysta2mysta2mysta2

#42 Unread post by Maggie »

Nice Cafe- Please send me more pics of your work and your story. We love your work.

Maggie
[email protected]
www.vonblonde.com :D
See Ya on the road!

andyh
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

hey

#43 Unread post by andyh »

hey.. i live in garland too.. im building a cb400twin cafe.. or trying to. im young.. and unskilled.. maybe you could share some knowledge sometime.. and id love to see your bikes.

andy

Aggroton
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

Re: mysta2mysta2mysta2

#44 Unread post by Aggroton »

Maggie wrote:Nice Cafe- Please send me more pics of your work and your story. We love your work.

Maggie
[email protected]
www.vonblonde.com :D

love you emag maggie!
thats a sweet bike.

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#45 Unread post by mysta2 »

The Virginal Duc has been de-flowered

So I had this crazy idea in my head that I should buy myself a newer bike so that I would have something just to ride when I didn’t feel like working on a bike. I’d enjoy having a warrantee and roadside assistance and all that and avoid modifying it… I’ve already got enough projects… and vintage bikes are just so much easier to rip apart, and what you end up with is almost always cooler because it has some real history built in.

Well, as good ideas go, this one didn’t last long. In the first week I had the front signals off of it and swapped them for some “dinkywinkas” The mirrors didn’t last much longer.

after that came a mild tail chop:

just a simple piece of bent aluminum

the beer tray hung around for a couple of days, until I had an unexpectedly short day at work… and this happened:

unbolted the beer tray to find the offending frame section:

and took care of it with the portaband saw

a little uneven before grinding them straight:

Bent myself up a new aluminum splashguard/tail light mount

With a little trimming here and there I got it to fit right in

And it came time to deal with the plate, the original stamping had left it pretty gnarly looking:

so a little caressing with the belt sander and band saw was in order to clean up the edges:

I used my original piece of aluminum for the new mount, just flipped it around and cut it up a bit more to mount the stock light facing the plate:

bolted that to the underside of the splashguard I just made, and ended up with something like this:

I also decided to remount the signals I had in the front directly to the tail light (and put the somewhat larger ones that I was going to use on the 360 on the front of the Duc… they look a bit more scale appropriate)

with the new (to me) pipes I mounted this last weekend I ended up with a pretty sweet little package

Image Image

I’ve definitely got to work out some new mounts for the pipes. The guy that sold them to me had a seat cover and therefore wasn’t worried about them looking good since they didn’t show, but they sure stick out on my bike. The splashguard could use a lot of improvement also, I plan on doing another one and maybe integrating the mounts into it.

Britjoe
Legendary
Legendary

#46 Unread post by Britjoe »

yeah that duke you have there could do with the single seat cowl I put on my GIxer, the plastic one was 500 canadian from DUcati and the aluminium one was 80 canadian,

allso check out this guys 750/4 Cafe racers

http://www.cb750cafe.com/
NICE HUH

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#47 Unread post by mysta2 »

you mean the seat cover? This is the solo seat:
This bike will be keeping its' passenger pegs, I want at least one that I can give rides on.
Nice bike btw

Yeah that's Carpy, that looks like it might be the one that he just won a firstplace with at the Grand Nationals (it's changed a bit) I think I first spotted his stuff here. He's on Maggies' site too. To me his stuff's a little too busy, but it's definiately mind bending work.

For some more badassedness, check these guys out. I can't for the life of me remember thier site, but if you're not familiar with them look for it, it's worth finding.

My apologies for this post not having any project updates, I have a number of projects in the works... but haven't yet totally completed any of them, so I can't post. But to prove that I have been working:
a while ago, Loudbike on the left, 69 on the right:
yesterday... or the day before, Loudbike on the left, 69 on the right:

I hope to get 69 painted tonight, Loudbike will be borrowing her frame for a bit.
Last edited by mysta2 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#48 Unread post by ZooTech »

Very nice, Mysta!

scan
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R

#49 Unread post by scan »

They need to give this guy a show. It would be much more genuine and entertaining than any of these "chopper" shows. I think the American TV public doesn't know what they are missing.
* 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R *
"What good fortune for those of us in power that people do not think. " Hitler - think about that one for a minute.

mysta2
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#50 Unread post by mysta2 »

NEWTRONICS

This one’s really a bit old, but as you’ll see, it never really gets resolved so I never posted anything.

Electronic ignition sounded like a cool idea, LEDs, flywheels… very fancy:

Pretty good kit, all kinds of instructions and such

Image Image
I can’t express how much I hate Phillips

Image Image
The whole thing seemed pretty simple to put together, it’s just that once it’s together…

…it doesn’t fit