Need Some Reassurance

madmax
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by madmax »

If you take this trip on your bike you'll never do it in a cage again!!! :) Take the wife along on her 250, just ride slow enough that you don't strain her bike and have fun. :)
Live it like you mean it, this ain't no dress rehearsal!
Max

JCS
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#12 Unread post by JCS »

And if you both ride you can take everything you need to camp for a week and still have room for some luxuries!
I would be the old, slow guy. Just let me know where you are going and I'll try to get there before you leave.

XJRJohn
Elite
Elite

#13 Unread post by XJRJohn »

do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you wont regret it.its so different to a ong trip in a car,and if theres two bikes,so much the better.end of a trip in a car,first reaction?thank god thats over.end of a days ride?did you see this,did you see that,???????you got a whole lot to talk about and enjoy.again,do it!!!!!!!!.xjrjohn
biking isnt a matter of life or death,its far more important(bill shankley,well almost)

longrider
Rookie
Rookie

#14 Unread post by longrider »

One of the best parts of touring on a bike is meeting people. On the 150 mile boring part make a few rest stops. Since your on a bike people will look at you a second longer than they look at someone getting out of a car. Smile, nod, and say good afternoon. Most of the time people open up and start talking. Non-riders have questions about what it’s like to travel on a bike. I’ve learned a lot about local history, occupations, road conditions, good places to eat, etc. I’ve even been invited to join a family picnic at an interstate rest stop.
Have fun. Enjoy the entire ride.

Longrider