vIRGININA

blueeyes2114
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

Virginia here too..

#31 Unread post by blueeyes2114 »

I am in Northern VA near Winchester. Great rides.. Starting riding in March and have over 2000 miles on bike.. I just keep riding. Anyone up for riding let me know.. I think I rode with someone on here already.. We did the tennis balls in the parking lot at the beginning of season..

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#32 Unread post by storysunfolding »

That would be me, my big red Vstrom and my busted arm.

Glad you found this forum, there are lots of great people here.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

hdkidder
Rookie
Rookie

#33 Unread post by hdkidder »

Another Virginian checking in. I'm up near Leesburg/Winchester, closer to Leesburg.

New rider. still learning. Sharing a Suzuki S50 with wife.
2007 Suzuki S50

jbprince
Regular
Regular

#34 Unread post by jbprince »

New rider in Carrollton...
2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 LTD
Live Fast, Love Hard, Die With Your Mask On.

xyz
Rookie
Rookie

#35 Unread post by xyz »

Northern Neck of Va. checking in.

dgauthier703
Rookie
Rookie

#36 Unread post by dgauthier703 »

NOVA rider checking in....new rider (more or less, 5 months or so) with Kawasaki Versys

I'm in Woodbridge (or is it Dale City...or Dumfries? who can tell in Prince William County??) Anyways, off of 234 and Spriggs.

I'd also like to post a question: Now that it's starting to get colder, how many people are going to continue riding through the winter? I mean, I'm going to try and ride as long as I can...it's not really that cold here, but I think I'll skip the few times that it does snow.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#37 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I'm in Falls Church and ride year round. In the past I've stopped riding for some snow and ice, but this year I have a sidecar all ready to go.

If you want to go year round I highly recommend heated gear. I use Gerbing and Morton's BMW in Fredericksburg is the #1 seller of Gerbing in teh country. However, last year a few articles heralded the new tourmaster heated gear for being more efficient and less expensive so I may juts buy one of those too.

Shout out if you ever want to go for a ride, I'm starting a part time job teaching the military sport bike course at Quanitco so I'll be near woodbridge fairly often.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

DieMonkeys
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2015/Kawasaki/Versys 650 LT

#38 Unread post by DieMonkeys »

dgauthier703 wrote:NOVA rider checking in....new rider (more or less, 5 months or so) with Kawasaki Versys

I'm in Woodbridge (or is it Dale City...or Dumfries? who can tell in Prince William County??) Anyways, off of 234 and Spriggs.

I'd also like to post a question: Now that it's starting to get colder, how many people are going to continue riding through the winter? I mean, I'm going to try and ride as long as I can...it's not really that cold here, but I think I'll skip the few times that it does snow.
How do you like the Versys? I'm picking one up after I get my new job (very soon!).

Also, my gf is from Woodbridge and we go up there to see her mother from time to time, if I'm up there with the new Versys I'll give you a PM and we can ride together.
[img]http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/c/f/8cfad8ebc281805945b49541a1f00d48.gif[/img]
1980 Suzuki GS550E "Miranda" (Retired)
1986 Honda Nighthawk CB700SC "Valarie"

dgauthier703
Rookie
Rookie

#39 Unread post by dgauthier703 »

storysunfolding: Thanks for the advice...I checked it out online and you're right; it's not as expensive as I figured it would be...I'll go check it out at coleman or maybe Morton's if I get down to Fredericksburg.

When are you in Quantico? I mean, is it a weekend thing or other times? I live pretty close to there...close enough to hear the explosions when they do "tests" :shock: I think we're on opposite ends of the experience spectrum, but I still wouldn't mind having other people to ride with

DieMonkeys: I really love it! I originally started looking at the KLR650, but in the end chose the Versys b/c it's better suited to what I wanted to do, which is mostly commuting (58 miles round trip). I'm 6'3", so the height is great for me...I sat on some of the more "standard" kawasaki's and they're kinda awkward for taller people. I also didn't think that the sport ones (like the ninja) would be so comfortable for longer rides. The seat on the Versys is really comfortable, so good for the longer rides (though the most I've been on it continuously is 2 hours).

I'm not sure how valid my opinion is, seeing as this is my first bike, but I've been pretty happy with it. But sure, if you're coming to Woodbridge, let me know and I'll see if I'm in town (I travel quite a bit for my job)

TinkTime00
Rookie
Rookie

Newbie in VA

#40 Unread post by TinkTime00 »

Hey there,

I'm a new rider in NoVa. I went to get my first oil change on a "new to me" bike and the mechanic said I need to "go west." That's west of Woodbridge. Anyone have info on some decent short rides for a newbie in the northern VA area?

..ready to build those skills... :)
"I find your ideas interesting and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter..."