Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Bikers roll through Fallbrook for charity

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Bikers roll through Fallbrook for charity
By: CANDICE REED - For the North County Times

FALLBROOK ---- Hundreds of bikers caught lots of curious glances Saturday as they rolled through the streets of Fallbrook on their way to the Cask 'n Cleaver restaurant to pick up their last poker card as part of a 'Bikers for Education Poker Run' fund-raiser.

The daylong fund-raiser raised money the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund, which provides scholarships for children of veterans, the St. Peter's Help-A-Student program and children of fallen bikers.

The event kicked off with a breakfast at St. Peter's School, where participants drew their first of five cards in the "poker run."

The large group of riders then rumbled off into the hills of Bonsall, Rainbow, Valley Center to pick up three cards from various retail outlet stops before heading back to Fallbrook to the Cask 'n Cleaver restaurant to pick up their last card.

The biker with the best hand at the end of the run won $1,000.

"I stayed at home so my husband and son could ride together," said Margie Taylor of San Diego as she waited for her family to arrive at the restaurant. "We heard about this and we love to ride and we love to raise money for good causes. This is the perfect event."

Debbie Morris of Escondido rode an 880-pound Harley-Davidson Fatboy bike she borrowed from her uncle. She said she had not been on a motorcycle for years but was so excited about the poker run that she begged him to lend it to her.

"I had so much fun today I'm going to buy one of these myself," said Morris. "I forgot how much fun it was to ride like the wind."

Bystanders said the sight of hundreds of motorcyclists winding their way through the winding roads of North County was a wild sight, if not deafening at times.

Some motorists could be seen pulling over to the side of the road to watch the bikers ride past.

"I saw all these bikers and it was like from a movie," said Jerry Klein of Fallbrook. "The noise level was crazy, but if it's for a worthy cause, they can come through town all they want."
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.