Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

The 11th Sturgis on the River motorcycle rally

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The eleventh annual Big Schwag Sturgis on the River motorcycle rally is in Iowa
Apr 15, 05

Get it all at the eleventh annual Sturgis on the River motorcycle rally from June 16-18, 2005. This event in downtown Davenport, Iowa, is the largest gathering of motorcycles in the Midwest. The free event takes place along the Mississippi River on the north side of Beiderbecke Drive, on the showgrounds west of the Centennial Bridge, John O'Donnell stadium, and LeClaire Park. All makes and models of motorcycles are welcome.

Join the Big Schwag from Monster Garage at Sturgis on the River this year. He is the emcee for the three-day event. New this year is a Pro Wrestling Ring right in the middle of it all. On June 18th, World Impact Wrestling will be on tour in Davenport, Iowa. Already signed for the spectacle is The Honky Tonk Man! This former WWF Superstar, complete with guitar and Elvis suit, takes on the likes of Johnny Ova, accompanied to the ring by his manager, "Agenda Founder", Bobby Riedel. Also, the Tag Team Champion Greg "The Hammer" Valentine! Greg will be in attendance to take on one of Iowa?s toughest men. Autographs of the above wrestlers will also be made available to the public.

There are different rides scheduled for each night to see the most of the area from rides along the river, on the Great River Road, and through the countryside.

Enjoy powerhouse bands until midnight on Friday and Saturday nights! Take part or watch the MotoCross during the day on Saturday. Try your luck at riding on the Mechanical Bull. Sturgis on the River also features food and vendor booths and many new vendors will help complete the perfect setting for a perfect weekend.

For more information about Sturgis on the River, call 309-799-SHOW or check out their website at www.sturgisontheriver.com

For more information on other events in the Quad Cities and lodging ideas, contact the Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau at 800-747-7800 or visit their website at www.visitquadcities.com

The Quad Cities is located on the Mississippi River and is made up of the riverfront cities of Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa, and Moline, East Moline and Rock Island in Illinois. The area is just a 2- hour drive from Des Moines, Iowa, and Chicago, Illinois. It is easily accessible via I-80, I-74, I-88 and several major state highways.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.