#1 Unread post by airman_ike »

I'm looking for new paths to ride on?
HYOOOOOO GT650 R

jim5779
Rookie
Rookie

Breakfast in Gila Bend

#2 Unread post by jim5779 »

A couple of weeks ago, I took 238 out of Maricopa to Gila Bend and had breakfast at the "Space Age" restaurant.

It was a pleasent trip.

Christina
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

#3 Unread post by Christina »

Bisbee is the BEST ride. stick to the back roads to and from - instead of the interstate. Really lovely especially spring and summer - it's much cooler than down in Tucson.
Christina
Don't make me wait for my ride!!
www.signalsorcerer.com

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#4 Unread post by flynrider »

I agree. You can't beat the southern AZ backroads for winter riding.

Out of Tucson you can hit State Route 77 north to Oracle (Biosphere) and Globe (gambling), then take US60 to SR79 south back towards Tucson via Superior and Florence.

On warm days like we had over the weekend, you won't need much more than a good jacket. Altitudes on the route are low enough that it doesn't get too cold.

South of Tuscon, you can make a loop on the State Routes to Sierra Vista, Bisbee and Tombstone.
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

Mkultra
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by Mkultra »

Seems to be too many rides and not enough time. Just when i think i have done all the day rides i manage to find another rode....for a weekend trip my absolute favorite is up to Globe, then ShowLow to Springerville to spend the night at Reeds Lodge (biker friendly) then in the morning down the Coronado trail Highway 191 thru Alpine, Hannigan Meadows, ending in Morenci. Then thru to Safford, Globe and back down to Tucson....what a great ride. If you have never ridden down 191 it is probably one of the most technical rides in Az. Lots of elevation changes and a whoop load of twisties.

ttty2t1j3
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by ttty2t1j3 »

lol You wouldn't want to end it in Morenci if you had to live there like me. I have yet to make the ride up through Alpine. But I just started in the winter and winter is not time to even drive through that area. I did get a ride out to Silver City which is a beautiful ride. Good ride through the mountain, then a long straightaway that you can open up on. Great ride.

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#7 Unread post by jaskc78 »

flynrider wrote:I agree. You can't beat the southern AZ backroads for winter riding.

Out of Tucson you can hit State Route 77 north to Oracle (Biosphere) and Globe (gambling), then take US60 to SR79 south back towards Tucson via Superior and Florence.

On warm days like we had over the weekend, you won't need much more than a good jacket. Altitudes on the route are low enough that it doesn't get too cold.
gonna give this a shot in the morning. google maps says it should take about 6 hours total, so we'll see. should be a good time.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

jaskc78

#8 Unread post by jaskc78 »

first problem i ran into was SR77 was closed according to the signs so i decided to take 177 up to 60 instead. never did make it to 60, though. got to Kearney and decided to turn around.

was getting well into the afternoon by the time i got to kearney and didn't have my clear visor with me so took the shorter route back to town. good ride, though, and got some really good practice with cross-winds and a fair amount of buffeting. unfortunately, it was substatially warmer than i thought it woulda been up there. was nice in Oracle, but once i got past there it warmed right back up and i might as well have still been in tucson. thinking tomorrow i might head to tombstone or something. we'll see.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB

jaskc78

#9 Unread post by jaskc78 »

no big trips today. only covered about 80 miles, all of it in town.

i either need to find a new seat for this bike or find a bike with a more comfortable seat. this little scrap of padding just isn't cutting it. thinking about trading it in for one of the Vulacn 500's. any thoughts?

king robb
Elite
Elite

#10 Unread post by king robb »

hop up to pheonix and take 60 behind superstition mountain and up through salt creek canyon...then ride 260 around the rim....did both while I was out there...and I think i could do that loop every day for the next year and not stop grinning.
2 wheels on the ground