rode the dragon

Scott58
Legendary 750
Legendary 750
Sex: Male

rode the dragon

#1 Unread post by Scott58 »

on my s50 tuesday. That road begs for a sportbike (get gas before you go to deal's gap (what a rip off!). The smokey's make for a great bike vacation and well worth the trip. I stayed in pigeon forge and it turned out to be a good base to see everything from. We got there by way of Mamoth cave. Found a great cruiser road if your ever in those parts. Louie B Nunn parkway (between glasgro,ky and somerset ky). Saw maybe 50 cars in 4 hours and only one other bike. Trees on both sides cuts wind to nothing. Spent more then I wanted to but had a great time. I'll put up some pics somewhere next week. Pretty burned out right now. We left at 3pm yesterday and I got home around 6:30am this morning. Not as young as I used to be!
05 Honda Rebel
04 Spitfire Cub-24
05Suzuki S50

Locopez
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 09 HD Electra Glide Classic

#2 Unread post by Locopez »

I am thinking of trying to hit that up this year on my trip. Going for three weeks from Northern Cali to Florida, and then maybe up to North Carolina and then back west again!! I am stopping at the Barber Motorsports complex...to see all the m/c on display.....woo hoo

leaving July 12th....less than a month!
07 Suzuki DR650SE & 03 HD FLHT Elctra Glide

Rubber side down....shinny side up!

knoxbox
Rookie
Rookie

live near dragon

#3 Unread post by knoxbox »

i live near the dragon and have a friend that lives basically on the dragon or right before you get to it... the cops are running it daily making runs every few hours and sitting on several turns, so take it at the speed limit its worth the ride even at a slow pace and its safer that way, watch out for the inverted turns... were the road is inclined oposite the turn. on cruisers u'll drag peg and it could cause you to wreck.

safe riding!
-knoxbox-
07 Suzuki Boulevard m50
[img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/rdrhoades/msf-basic.gif[/img]@14