thinking about a road trip.....

Duffy
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male

thinking about a road trip.....

#1 Unread post by Duffy »

I am thinking about my next big adventure (big for me anyway). And I want to let anyone in the area know about it so if you want to come along. I know Veda, Nalian and Ride your Ride are kinda near me, so if you guys or any others I do not know about wish to come along that would be great.

I am thinking about taking a day trip to/along the Kangamangus Highway (not sure if spelling is correct on that....but route is in the white mountains) I haven't yet mapped it out. I am tentatively planning it for September 15th. I think the foliage will just about be starting in then ( I know the fairs are starting week or so after and usually there is quite a bit of yellow and orange leaves then) but it should still be warm then too with some coloring going on. Maybe instead driving to Mount Washington and riding up that instead to peak.....not sure..... But I'm making it an all day thing, start about 8-9am and plan on getting home before 7pm.

If anyone is interested please post to let me know. We could meet up in one of the rest areas. Hope to hear from you.

BTW, if your wondering about me cuz you don't know me or anything...I'm not a wierdo. Just like to ride but I think it would be nice to have someone(s) to enjoy it along with me 8)

Nalian
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2011/BMW/F800R

#2 Unread post by Nalian »

Veda and I are tentatively in for it. I may have to work that day, and I won't really know until the day before, likely (silly on-call!). We're definitely up for a trip out the kanc and back - I'm not sure about Mount WA though. We'll see as it comes closer (weather-wise and such) as I know Mount WA can be pretty crazy different from everywhere else. How does that sound?

MrGompers
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#3 Unread post by MrGompers »

Funny that you brought this up. I was thinking of going to the Kanc as well. I'm in Conn about 100 miles from Boston. I'm willing to meet in and around Boston tho. 9 or 10am would be good. Also, Sunday Sept 16th mite be better. Let me know your thoughts.

I'm not hot on the idea of riding up Mt. Washington and remember you have to ride back down. Would be willing to take the train up altho I have no idea how much that costs.

Duffy
Elite
Elite

#4 Unread post by Duffy »

K, if sunday would work better for peoples schedule instead, I don't see a problem with moving the day up. And yeah, I forgot about the crazy weather differences on Mount Wash....k, that's a no go.

Well, I'm going to start mapping this out. I'm having comp. problems at the moment. So I never know when I'll blink out (power supply issue with laptop so power keeps cutting out and desktop is out for repair cuz mother board got fried.) but I'll try to come in here and post the route and such. Okay, well, sounding good so far :)

-Holiday
Legendary 1500
Legendary 1500

#5 Unread post by -Holiday »

hmm, i wonder if they paved that section in the middle yet..

september 15th is my birthday too :(

wish I was a little closer!

Have fun guys.
2000 Suzuki Bandit 1200s
Vespa Rally 200 in pieces

[img]http://www.brian-payne.com/bikes/VisitedStatesMap.jpg[/img]

Duffy
Elite
Elite

#6 Unread post by Duffy »

Aaawww, sorry you won't be able to make it, but happy birthday anyway :happybirthday:

I think I got my laptop fixed so I'm going to start googling the trip out. I am going to ask a few people I know if they want to come along too. So far all I'm getting is maybe's. :?

Well, I'm going regardless, I think it's going to be a beautiful ride. But if you are interested just keep me posted on what's going on. Still waiting to hear if Sunday the 16th works better for everyone/most. If your a Patriots fan, not to worry, I pretty sure that we'll be home before 8:30pm.

Duffy
Elite
Elite

#7 Unread post by Duffy »

Well, I think I am going to have to either cancel this trip or postpone it to a later date. I just found out that the Nextel/Bush series race up in Loudon is running that same weekend and the traffic going north will be murder.

I was planning on putting the bike away in October for the winter but perhaps I'll hold off till November instead and plan the trip for early Oct. I'll keep y'all posted so if anyone is interested your more than welcome to come along.

Have a great day!

:motorcycle: