Mice lived in my motorcycle

Lil'Suzi
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Mice lived in my motorcycle

#1 Unread post by Lil'Suzi »

I've had my GS500 for about 2 weeks now. Taken it out twice. My most recent ride I was having trouble getting it to start, keeping it running and running it without the choke. It's a 96, so of course I bought it used. Cosmetically it looks great. They guy who sold it to me said he had taken good care of it. His garage was immaculate.

So today the boyfriend and I decide to do a little tune up action, see if we can get Lil'suzi to run a little smoother. He takes the seat off the bike and starts working to remove the gas tank. I'm looking underneath the seat, and I swear I see bird seed? Sure enough, once Pete got the air filter out, it was HALF FULL OF BIRD SEED! Some little critter had been hording food in my motorcycle! :laughing:

Then Pete decided to inspect the headlight, and low and behold found a nest of grass and dead bugs. I wish I had thought to grab my camera. I'm starting to think this poor bike didn't get much use in the past year.

I'd recommend to anyone buying a used bike as their first bike to go get a tune up or have someone check it over before you start riding much. I might have had a passenger and not even known it.
:D
"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on" -Henry Ellis

'96 Suzuki GS500E, bright shiny red!

xsyamahadg
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 55
My Motorcycle: 2007 1100 V-Star Silverado

#2 Unread post by xsyamahadg »

Here is a joke I wrote about an experience I had, I may have used a little poetic license :lol:

So I got my XS650 out for the first time last Spring and decided to take it for a spin to blow the cobwebs out. I headed down the expressway to the Honda shop for a look at the new bikes. As I was getting on the expressway, a mouse popped up between the speedometer and tachometer and put his face to the wind like the hood ornament on a buick. Now I'm not afraid of mice, but I wasn't about to grab this little guy with my bare hands at speed on the expressway, so I took the little Yamaha up to 60 mph in an effort to dust him off. At 60 mph he was still holding on for dear life, so I bumped the bike up to 70 mph, but he was still holding on. I put my head down and went into my racers tuck and took the bike up to 100 mph, at that speed I saw him take off into the wind and vanish...there you go, problem solved. When I got to the Honda shop there were a few guys milling around the parking lot eyeballing me as I parked the XS650, so I prepared myself for all the usual comments like : "nice bike" " how did you get it ? " "what year is it ? ". The Yamaha always draws a crowd, so I'm used to it. Before I could get my helmet off, one guy walks up to me with a grin on his face and said : " Dude... how did you train that mouse to ride spread eagle on the top of your helmet ....dude that's awesome !!
1981 Yamaha XS650H
2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado
1979 Honda PA 50
1970 Rupp mini
Stop in and visit my web site sometime:
http://rideohiomc1.proboards.com

Ninja Geoff
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

#3 Unread post by Ninja Geoff »

:lolrun: this thread mad me think of this old book i read in elementary school

[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3563/41350009.jpg[/img]

Lil'Suzi
Regular
Regular

#4 Unread post by Lil'Suzi »

Ninja Geoff wrote::lolrun: this thread mad me think of this old book i read in elementary school

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I think I read that one too.

Now I'm just anxiously waiting for my bike to be put back together so I can get riding again, times a wasting.
"All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on" -Henry Ellis

Shorts
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#5 Unread post by Shorts »

lol stow-aways :motorbike:

Apollofrost
Legendary 750
Legendary 750

#6 Unread post by Apollofrost »

I think I read that book too...

And, xsyamahadg

That just rocks.
I'm starting a petition to cull narrowminded dull people - be afraid Peter, be very afraid....
-Anonymous

Lil'Suzi
Regular
Regular

She's put back together......

#7 Unread post by Lil'Suzi »

and running well again. Can't wait to take her out this weekend... without the extra passengers. :)

santanu
Veteran
Veteran

#8 Unread post by santanu »

Can you give some more info about it.

But Mouse in a Bike damn Interesting