Ride For Dad (Prostate Cancer Charity Ride in Vancouver)

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Ride For Dad (Prostate Cancer Charity Ride in Vancouver)

#1 Unread post by ceemes »

This Saturday, I will be attending the Vancouver BC, Motorcycle Ride For Dad in support of prostate cancer research and treatment. This is sort of strikes close to home for me as both my father and my grandfather were taken by this disease.

So far I have gotten a bit over C$100 in pledges from the guys at work, most look at it as insurance for the future, coz when it comes to prostate cancer it's not a matter of if you are going to get it, but when. Dad got it in his late 60's and was gone in his early 70's, Grandad got around the same time, but with treatment was able to live till just past his 90th birthday and was fully active until just last year.

I hope to see some of my fellow Vancouver members on this ride as well. Registration begins at 7:45 at Trev Deeleys and the ride begins at 9AM. The link above will lead you to all the details.

One last thing, if you are 40 or over, don't forget to visit the doc once in while and get the ole finger up the bum check.........it might just save your life and let you ride a lot longer.
Always ask why.