South Africa - Biker Community

Soutie
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

South Africa - Biker Community

#1 Unread post by Soutie »

8) HI All, By way of intro, I'm localised in SA, bit of a wet ride if coming from the States, suggest if interested that you set off about now though :P but if in our lovely country we would like to invite you to our annual Growlers International Motorcycle Rally on the 2nd August, Avion Park Grounds, Kempton Park, Gauteng. 10 till late.
Stalls, Competitions, Concorse displays, loads of eats and drinks and prizes to be won. Come and meet, swop notes with our global biking buddies.
Organisers can be contacted on +27834633386 / +27846021335 / +27741112262

Torch99
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

South Africa is for Motorcycles

#2 Unread post by Torch99 »

I am from Canada, and 2 years ago I had the chance to work just outside Cape Town, South Africa for six weeks. During that trip I had the chance to rent a bike and tour around the cape area for a day with two of my co-workers. It is beautiful bike country. The roads are in excellent condition, and you can go from driving along the ocean to climbing a nice twisty mountain pass in no time. Chapman's peak is an excellent section of road. I now know why that area is used by some manufacturers to release new bikes. Getting there is a long trip from North America, but I would recomend it as a bike holiday destination. We rented from Harley-Davidson Cape Town, and had excellent service. We contacted the dealer by internet when we arrived in South Africa, and they were excellent. We travelled about 400 km that day with no problems. The prices for rental were excellent compared to rates in North America, and included full insurance, unlimited mileage and a helmet. If you ever get the chance, do not pass it up!
1st Bike '73 Yamaha DT250
2nd Bike '79 Honda CX500C
3rd Bike '90 Suzuki GS500
Present Bike '07 Suzuki DL650