Vacation in Alabama

motorcyclinmama
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male

Vacation in Alabama

#1 Unread post by motorcyclinmama »

My husband, my youngest son and I just got back from a week in North Eastern Alabama. WOW! What great riding. I am originally from Vermont, and now live in Florida. I can honestly say that so far Alabama has the best roads of the 3 states. (I have only been riding for 1 and a half years, and until now only ridden in Florida. But I lived in Vermont for 21 years and rode with hubby.)) Now I have ridden in Tenn. Georgia, Florida and Alabama.

My 900 handled every road like a dream. I have lowered it 1 inch and added the front pulley, but you would never know. I never scraped, and my bike never once hesitated on the very steep inclines. Even from a dead stop.

I was in seventh heaven. I can't wait till next year we are going to Georgia or NC. Not sure which. OK I have to go to bed and dream about the awesome roads I rode. Yippee!

I also got 52 miles per gallon. Which is only 2 mpg less than when I ride in FL.

Amy
You only live once!

We currently own:
Me== 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic
2007 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe
Hubby== 2007 Vulcan 2000 Classic LT
2008 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe

I have 2 beautiful sons Jason 17 and Brian 13

biker44
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

Best riding states

#2 Unread post by biker44 »

I feel sorry for you living in one of the worst states for motorcycling, Florida. I lived there for 7 years. Alabama better than Vermount??? When you go to N.C. don't bother going east of Greensboro. Ashville area is great. Tenn. I don't know that state yet. If you want a GREAT ride take rt. 219 all the way through West Virginia on into Maryland. You will find it on the east side of W.V. You will thank me and you will tell all your friends about it, mark my word. Out west I liked Colorado, Utah, westren Wy. eastren Az. some areas of N.M. etc. I love it (riding). 1996 Goldwing, 2005 Yamaha Roadstar, at this time.
GOD IS IN CONTROL