very small bike, very long trip

redcoat
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

very small bike, very long trip

#1 Unread post by redcoat »

My friend Shona warmed to the idea of riding this year, and after a few false starts, I found her a 1979 CM 185t, cute as a kitten, and about as powerful, and she got her skills test passed. We planned Las Vegas as a final destination (from Vancouver, BC), travelling by day. However, the day before we left, she passed her final road test, and was therefore allowed to ride at night. And so we did- through the bright lights of the Vegas strip, and the pitch blackness of California, Nevada and Arizona.

Until we wound up in Sonora, Mexico. Where the muffler fell off, and some street urchin grabbed it. But by this time, swimming in the Sea of Cortez and $2 margarittas was more important than riding.

Return was by Arizona, Utah, Idaho and Washington.

Little bike held up very well, apart from mufflers, they fell in half and were dumped on the road like apples from a tree.

I had hoped she would have posted this herself. Pictures can be found, as they are edited and posted, in members galleries "Shona" at www.nwphoto.org

So anybody riding a small bike, yes, it will do it. You just have to hang on long enough!

Justin