Watch me out fear bears for seven thousand miles

Skier
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male

#11 Unread post by Skier »

Day twenty one

The breakfast of champions: straight from the KOA restaurant.

Eating, it struck me I had been on the road for three weeks. It feels just about right: I’m glad to be on the open road in the morning but the past few high mileage days have been taxing. My buddy Mr.Santos was wrong: after a couple weeks on the road, my bum still hurts from the motorcycle’s seat. Then again, I wasn’t following his method of stopping and getting off the bike every 30 minutes. I’m content riding for two hours if my fuel tank allows.

I’m really looking forward to seeing my folks later in the day. I just hope I don’t get caught slogging through traffic on I5.

Also waiting for me at my home in Pullman is a get-together with a large group of friends. Can’t wait to bore them with my stories from the road!

Finally making the border crossing, I waited in line and scarfed down some beef jerky I bought in Hope, BC. I chatted a bit with a cute couple of ladies on sportsbikes who were taking a day ride into the States.

Crossing the border without incident I was promptly amazed at the prices of gas. Looks like everything dropped twenty or thirty cents since I left on the trip!

Well, I was kind of a smartass at the border crossing. Asked if I had purchased anything in Canada, I replied, “Some beef jerky. Would you like some?”

I almost made it rain-free through the States: it sprinkled on me at the Seattle city limits.

My parents’ home at last, at a decent hour, I was treated to dinner then hit the sack early.

Day twenty two

I spent the day resting and not looking at my motorcycle all day. I smoked the last of my cigars and read my copy of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy from my bedroom library.

Sadly, I couldn’t update my blag or check email since my folks’ router went Tango Uniform and the cable modem was attached to the MAC address of their desktop’s NIC. There was also no unsecured wireless in the area.

Day twenty three

Leavin’ my folks’ place:

The day was a quick haul across the state, 300 miles and a boring interstate I know by heart. My girlfriend was happy to see me and I was happy to be back.

Bike barely unloaded, I zipped off to my friend’s place and went to the party. No rest for the wicked!

At the party, sigtrap asked me if I wanted to take a nice long ride the next day. I sighed and agreed.

God I love motorcycling.

--------------------------------------------------

I hope my trip report has been fun. The journey was a lot of fun and there's no doubt in my mind I've got many more travels in store with my motorcycle. Alaska has plenty of area left I haven't discovered and can't wait to go back.

(Vote 5. :colbert: )
[url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98.[/url]

flynrider
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 30
My Motorcycle: '93 Honda Nighthawk 750

#12 Unread post by flynrider »

Thanks for the report. I'm a big fan of marathon bike rides myself. There's nothing like wandering around the continent and seeing what's there.

It's been a couple of decades since I had a big enough chunk of free time to pull off a major adventure like that. Good on you!
Bikin' John
'93 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

ab420
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#13 Unread post by ab420 »

Nice pics, looks like a great time! :D

badinfluence63
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS

#14 Unread post by badinfluence63 »

Hoping to ride the Alcan soon I enjoyed your well writen and informative report. Thanks and glad you got home safe!

Yamaha Couple
Rookie
Rookie

#15 Unread post by Yamaha Couple »

Thank you for sharing. I love your pictures and the beauty of Alaska
Yamaha Couple
1982 Yamaha 650 Maxim (Wife's)
2003 Honda Rebel 250CC (Sold)
1983 Yamaha Venture Royale 1200 CC (Hubbies)