Im new

Teddy
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Im new

#1 Unread post by Teddy »

Hi Guys , im living in SA Cape town (eat your heart out) :lol: i have just applied for finance for a Gsx600r , Its my first real bike , i had others , but nothing write about .
This is the real thing , is there any pointers and tips ?
Life starts when youre on a bike ........

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Don't crash.

Teddy
Rookie
Rookie

#3 Unread post by Teddy »

:shock: Really , damn doesnt that come with the terrority .

Johnj

#4 Unread post by Johnj »

OK so did you take some kind of training class, to prepare you for riding in traffic? Do you wear gear like helmets, jackets, etc? Are you going to make this a track bike? Do you plan on stunting on this bike? Are there lots on cool curvy, hilly roads around where you live? Can you get up on a Sunday morning, gas up and ride 50 miles of back country roads to a small diner for breakfast and coffee and another 60 to get home by a different route? Before the football game starts at noon? Can you beer-but a chicken? Do they have good beer in SA?
:laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Teddy
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by Teddy »

dude , im easy .I love bikes always have , the lifestyle though is not me .i love football and yes we have best beer in the world and the great thing is we drink it cold :lol: Check out places of interest in cape town , it takes me 10mins from home and im on one of the best drives in the world .yeah im up for anything with the bike but ill wait until i really get to know her until i start pushing her and doing the track and other things .

Teddy
Rookie
Rookie

#6 Unread post by Teddy »

i just need to get a set of leathers and boots .any product compromise .?

Johnj

#7 Unread post by Johnj »

I currently have an HJC helmet, the one with the built-in sun shield, a Joe Rocket textile armored jacket, some Diamond Gusset riding jeans, Converse tactical boots, and a pair of armored riding gloves.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

Teddy
Rookie
Rookie

#8 Unread post by Teddy »

Cool bru , thats some serious gear , how do you find the jacket .Ill give you names of the "poo poo" weve got here in SA and maybe you can advise .
Thanks man.How often you ride man ?