ocracoke Island

badinfluence63
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS

ocracoke Island

#1 Unread post by badinfluence63 »

This past December I rented a house on Ocracole Island, NC and rode by bike to the isaland. Its sounds expensive but its not. Its off season and the rates are down to a third what peak season is. Beautiful rental home for a fraction of the cost compared to in July-August. I left New England in the midst of a power outtage and temps in the single digits and arrived in NC and it was 72-75 degrees!!! Yahoo! Man it was nice to get another 2 weeks of riding in on the season. You Southern boys and girls are lucky. The ride through Morehead city, havelock and other coastal looking areas was GREAT. Can't beat Southern hospitality with a stick. Ocracoke had minimum to no tourista's except us. Lots of stuff was closed but not Howards pub, over 200 beers from all over the world. I had a Guiness on tap from London:

http://www.howardspub.com/ordereze/default.aspx

Ocracoke Island is home of Black Beard the pirate but unfortunately the museum/exhibit was closed. Civil war memorials and other interesting stuff (like the banker Ponies). The beach was empty and it was just plain nice. While the area is more populated in July and August I'll take December anytime.

I can't post pictures and I've tried.

mbcollier
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#2 Unread post by mbcollier »

I know what you mean! This is some of the finest riding area in the country if you ask me. All down the beach on the outer banks, all the way down, tremendous ! Ocracoke Island, great ! And oh yea, Howards Pub, great any time of year !
ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, I'D RATHER BE RIDING.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#3 Unread post by storysunfolding »

lets not forget that in the season, motorcycles get to the front of hte ferry line! :twisted:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

Top Gear Motorcycle
Rookie
Rookie

#4 Unread post by Top Gear Motorcycle »

You ever visit the Texas coast during December? So warm you can almost swim. Great views too.
(No commerical links in sig, thanks - Admin)

badinfluence63
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS

#5 Unread post by badinfluence63 »

Top Gear Motorcycle wrote:You ever visit the Texas coast during December? So warm you can almost swim. Great views too.
Sharks? Probably not, I don't remember hearing about sharks on the Texas coast. Let me go see what the WWW says about that.

Never mind, saw tons of reports of shark attacks on texas coast. You usually only hear abpout it on Florida, New Jersey, Australia and Africa.