Key West

badinfluence63
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: '98Ultra w/sc '01 Ultra and 1983FLHS

Key West

#1 Unread post by badinfluence63 »

Rode my sidecar bike from Goldsboro, NC to Key West Florida. 2000 miles round trip. Yahoo what a blast. Key West rocks. Sloppie Joes, BO's fish shack, Hogs Breathe, Irish Kevins, of course Margarettaville. All great places to quench ones thirst.

On the way down i made many stops to include, Jacksonville, Daytona, Stuart,Riviera Beach and Miami. On the way home I rode 500 miles each day and made it in 2 days. Rode by the daytona speedway, stopped at Petersons HD in Miami

I do have photos but it is not easy for me to post them here.

Anyone who has ever entertained Key West as a destination I highly recomend it. Yes there are expensive places to stay but we found a 100$ a night Days Inn. Good enough for me and had a Waffle house attached to it.

Met 3 motorcycle riders who had ridden all the way from Detroit Michigan.

I think one needs to be particular about what time of the year one gets there. We were there the first 2 weeks of April and it was a hot but pleasant 82-85 degrees. Pristine and beautiful beaches.

Everyone raved about the sunsets at Mallory square so my wife insisted we take that in...I didn't quite get what the big deal was about the sunsets. The street performers on Mallory square were interesting and entertaining.

Most importantly it was just the best to have been on my bike for 9 days and 2000 miles.