Rajasthan Motorcycle Challenge – participants needed for cha

scope
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male

Rajasthan Motorcycle Challenge – participants needed for cha

#1 Unread post by scope »

Hello. I’m working on behalf of disability charity Scope to raise awareness of their Rajasthan Motorcycle Challenge. I thought members of this forum might be interested in taking part, so I hope this is OK to post here.

Here’s the press release:
Motorcycle aficionados who want to emulate Steve McQueen in the ‘Great Escape’ should sign up to disability charity Scope’s Rajasthan Motorcycle Challenge.

This journey of exploration, which takes place in India in January 2010, will ensure that participants have a truly memorable experience.

Participants will be riding classic Enfield Bullet Motorcycles, the oldest motorbikes in the world, on a journey which will take them through desert and countryside, towns and villages and to world famous monuments, finishing the ride at the magnificent Taj Mahal.

The sights, colours and sounds of India will ensure that participants have a life-changing experience in the country’s Rajasthan state.

On the 11-day 1,800km journey participants will travel from Delhi through Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Pushkar, Jaipur and Agra, taking time to visit the well preserved Meherangarh Fort, a Hindu pilgrimage centre in India and even the infamous Rat Temple.

Daniel Larcey, Senior Events Fundraiser at Scope said:

“Every kilometre that participants ride in Rajasthan will help change the lives of disabled people back in the UK. This is really a challenge of a lifetime and I can guarantee that participants will be blown away by the journey, scenery and overall experience.”

Scope was one of the first charities to organise oversees challenge events and has raised nearly £23 million through this form of fundraising to date.

The money raised will help Scope provide vital services for people with cerebral palsy and supports its Time to Get Equal campaign which fights for equality of disabled people.

If anyone thinks they are up to this type of challenge and would like to sign up, Scope is looking for more participants. For more information, please visit the Scope website or call the 24-hour events hotline on 0800 0191 200.
Thanks in advance,

Beth Granter
On behalf of Scope