Anybody in North Holland?

Tequila
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male

Anybody in North Holland?

#1 Unread post by Tequila »

Hey there!
I am female and I am planning on moving to Holland (Groningen) and get a bike there.
I had taken an MSF rider's course in the US about 3-4 years back.

. So I am going to figure out how to live in this country and learn the language and also figure out how to get a rider's license, to take a course and be a decent rider and get a bike. (I plan to ride only for fun, not for going to work, etc)

I would love to hear from those of you who live in Groningen or nearby.. Is there a (hopefully newby-friendly) biker community over there? How do I find them? Are there websites/forums specifically for europeans?
Cheers,

Flyboy
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: 1999 GSX1300R Hayabusa

Re: Anybody in North Holland?

#2 Unread post by Flyboy »

Hi there....I'm from Holland!
So you wanna live in this really expensive country? You might consider bringing the bike from the States....they a way more expensive over there because of taxes. The part where you're going to is in a more agricultural area but Groningen is a really great City. A lot of Universities and students, great place to go out.
There a lot of club for bikers, some by type, some general. Most of the forums however are in dutch. But you can always choose the translation function of google to help you out in the beginning.

Good luck on the language, that's gonna be tough.

Greetz Johnny
Sweet home Alabama....