pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

Well,,,,, I had an accident............

#1 Unread post by pchast »

I rode several hundred miles as a teen on a 50cc dirt bike. Now at 59, last year I took and passed the MSF. I've been super careful and dealt with several problems on my '81 GS550, about 2000 miles total. Today I was on my wife's 250 bike. Its controls are like a scooter. I was delivering it to her at work so she could practice for her test on the way home......

In a hurry, doing 20 in a 15mph zone, a car backed out 35 ft in front of me and blocked the lane(I paced it of). It had been drizzling and I locked up the wheels :? . I didn't hit her. Even when she got out, leaving the car in the middle of the street, and said. "I stopped!" :shock:

My left arm is still weaker after a shoulder replacement 9 months ago. I looked at the skid marks and it appears that I pulled the handle bars to the right. So I fell on the left. Bike on top of course, 10-12 ft before the car. Scrapped the leather off the steel toe on the left boot and lost a small patch of skin on the back of the same calf. I can't figure out how. I can use a new helmet also as my head bounced off the pavement on that side.

She wasn't pleased. I lost some paint on the front fiberglass fender and scraped the edge of her windshield.

I'm po'd the woman was stupid.
I know It's my fault I dropped it. :frusty:
Flame suit on............

green meenie
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#2 Unread post by green meenie »

Man.....that sucks worse than dropping your own bike (I think??).

I ride my wife's 250 sometimes as well and I always worry about dropping it on her. Would be hard to tell her "Hey - I'm going out for a ride on my bike"; if I had left hers laying in a heap of twisted metal on the garage floor :laughing:

Anyway; glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt. Bikes can be fixed. You'll just have to work hard to build those brownie points back up :roll: