High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

Calgary Motorcycle Show???

#1 Unread post by High_Side »

Anyone heading down to the annual bike show In Calgary? It runs January 8-10 this year. I'm looking at going on Friday to beat the crowds.....if I can get off of work.

Here's the link:
http://www.calgarymotorcycleshow.ca/

Road Racer
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid

#2 Unread post by Road Racer »

I'm not! :mad: Do you guys know how much it cost to be in the show? Not how much it cost to just get in BUT how much it cost to be there as a dealer or just a bike vendor? BIG BIG BUCKS!!! Talk about a cash grab. I love the motorcycle industry!!!! The Woman that runs the Calgary Bike Show it is not a good person. I know people on the inside and have seen here in action. Lets just say if you want to support the industry then go to your local dealer(yes I know they are there) I mean go to there shop and buy there don't just line the pockets of one woman that hasn't a clue what a motorcycle is. This woman gets the people coming and going! Sorry for the rant but I hand to say something in support of the little guys like independent vendors and such. They don't even brake even to cover there cost of the show. Its kinda funny why pay some one to see something when you can do for FREE!!! Everything you see there is at your local dealer.THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DEALER SHOW DISCOUNT OR SHOW SPECIALS. :frusty:

High_Side

#3 Unread post by High_Side »

Road Racer wrote:I'm not! :mad: Do you guys know how much it cost to be in the show? Not how much it cost to just get in BUT how much it cost to be there as a dealer or just a bike vendor? BIG BIG BUCKS!!! Talk about a cash grab. I love the motorcycle industry!!!! The Woman that runs the Calgary Bike Show it is not a good person. I know people on the inside and have seen here in action. Lets just say if you want to support the industry then go to your local dealer(yes I know they are there) I mean go to there shop and buy there don't just line the pockets of one woman that hasn't a clue what a motorcycle is. This woman gets the people coming and going! Sorry for the rant but I hand to say something in support of the little guys like independent vendors and such. They don't even brake even to cover there cost of the show. Its kinda funny why pay some one to see something when you can do for FREE!!! Everything you see there is at your local dealer.THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DEALER SHOW DISCOUNT OR SHOW SPECIALS. :frusty:
Because for $13 bucks I can see it all under one roof and have motorcycle fun with friends in the middle of January. There has never been any real show discounts, but I don't go there to save money, I go there to see the latest bikes, classic bikes, and maybe get the chance to talk to a Canadian distributor or two. If it doesn't make business sense for you to be there by all means do not go.

Nice first post / rant by the way. Welcome to TMW.

rayian
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 8
My Motorcycle: 2007 Suzuki SV650

#4 Unread post by rayian »

I'll be going on Saturday. I want to catch the freestyle and stunt riding show and see if I can get my 12 year old boy a ride at the Yamaha riding academy. Also, check out all the new bikes and gear. I'm looking forward to it.

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#5 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

I will either be down there on friday or sunday. Should be a good time!

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#6 Unread post by HYPERR »

I never understood why they have bike shows in the middle of winter in cold climate areas. They have the New York City Bike Show in January too. :?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#7 Unread post by Wrider »

Because then people pre-order their stuff for the new riding season!
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

High_Side

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

HYPERR wrote:I never understood why they have bike shows in the middle of winter in cold climate areas. They have the New York City Bike Show in January too. :?
I always look forward to the motorcycle-break-in-January shows. But hey, I have have been accused of having a twisted sense of fun before....

Only 3 or 4 more months and the street will be melted....

Theweapon52
Elite
Elite

#9 Unread post by Theweapon52 »

Went down to the show on friday and it was pretty sweet! Lots of people down there checking out the new stuff for the coming season for 2010.

One of my favourite bikes was actually the new 650r, made me kind of jealous as the new version has a re-vamped front end and a new digital cluster. Among the other bikes that i liked was the new Drz 400sm....someday that bike will be in my stable for sure!

All in all it was a good time, although i found out that the new VFR 1200 was just as ugly as it looks on the honda website. :P

High_Side

#10 Unread post by High_Side »

Looks like I am heading down tomorro afternoon with my complete entourage (Jen and the kids :mrgreen: ) The spring weather is bringing on the bike fever BIG TIME