ALASKA & CANADA MOTORCYCLE ROAD TRIP - 6 MONTHS -JOIN ME!

jessiguida
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: Suzuki Marauder 250

ALASKA & CANADA MOTORCYCLE ROAD TRIP - 6 MONTHS -JOIN ME!

#1 Unread post by jessiguida »

HELLO!

I am 26 year old female and Im heading to British Columbia in May to do a six month motorcycle road trip and I hope to find someone to join me!

I'm a fun, easy going, friendly and open person. i started a similar road trip last summer but got called back to europe for a funeral. Now getting set to finish what i started.

My bike is a 250cc Suzuki Marauder. The last bike i had was a little 250 Yamaha virago. I bought the bike out there. But will try to upgrade to a bigger engine, maybe a 500cc.

The rough pland is May: Vancouver to calgary through Manning and the Okanagon. Then up to Jasper, Banff, Yoho and Glacier national parks. Then across through the coast mountains. June & July: exploring Vancouver Island, maybe walking the west coast trail. Chilling in Toffino for a few days, catch some waves, then head to the north of the island. July: catch the ferry to the Queen Charlotte Islands and explore there for a bit. August: Head to Alaska. September: head back to BC - perhaps through some of the Yukon.

This is a very rough plan. Im open and flexible to what feels good at the time.

I have a six month ticket. So i fly back to the UK end of October. Join me for the whole thing, or part of it. I can talk you through the logistics of getting a bike sorted, it's really quite easy out there.

I plan to sell my bike at the end of the trip to recoup some of the cost. This is a trip with lots of adventure but it is on a SHOESTRING! I have a hammock and bivi bag and plan to camp as much as possible. Otherwise i will use the couchsurfing website. I have a tight budget and plan to enjoy the nature and wilderness as much as possible - it's all free. Money is for fuel and repairs and food. Of course some cash for having fun. but im not minted and therefore Im looking for someone who's on the same page when it comes to finances. My return flights costs £300, a decent bike you should have no problems selling at the end will set you back arounk £1K, and fuel cost is about £3 a day.

Drop me an email if you're intersted in this or anyother motorcycle road trip.

[email protected]

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: ALASKA & CANADA MOTORCYCLE ROAD TRIP - 6 MONTHS -JOIN ME!

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hello and welcome!

:welcome:

Best of luck on the trip and on finding a partner or two. You'll be travelling all around my home land and trust me it is beautiful! Seems strange you're going from Vancouver to Calgary and then back out to Vancouver Island again but this will give you a chance to see tons of the BC and Alberta scenery.

Enjoy!
Andrea :sun: