RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog
http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?t=22842

papercutf
Rookie
Rookie

new to co

#22 Unread post by papercutf »

new to co, just moved out for college and trying to figure out whether or not its worth buying a bike out here this time of year cause i have no idea how long the riding season is around here. I'm in the boulder area and i'm guessing it gets pretty snowy soon, but are winters ridable? thanks for any advice

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#23 Unread post by Wrider »

Hey, Colorado Springs born and raised, but have two uncles up in/near Boulder. How's CU treating you? Most of the winter IS ridable. I got my first bike last August and sold it this past April with another 3800 miles added to the clock. Granted I was considered insane for riding in weather below 40F... It just depends on what you're willing to do.
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

papercutf
Rookie
Rookie

new to co

#24 Unread post by papercutf »

thanks for getting back so soon, cu's awesome so far just hate not having a way of getting around. Ive seen a lot of people w/ bikes around but just thought i'd ask, I figure they prob keep the roads pretty clean here in the winter since they're used to more snow here which was my main concern. Ive been looking on boulder craigslist and haven't found much, but i'll keep looking.

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#25 Unread post by Wrider »

Just for your knowledge, Boulder is one of the most expensive cities (except for the mountain towns) here in Colorado. Check out Denver, Fort Collins, etc. None of those are too far away. They tend to keep the roads pretty clear, plus it snows less in that part of the state than you're probably thinking. Most of the time you won't have any snow on the ground. Also, if you find one you want around here in the Springs before I leave for phoenix on the 16th I'll be more than happy to check it out for you. What kind of bike are you looking for? First bike? Feel free to IM me any time, I'll get back to you ASAP.
Wrider
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

PBU in Pueblo

#26 Unread post by slimcolo »

Toy Bowl Oct 6, 2007, 10:00a @ County High School
Toy Run Dec 1, 2007, 10:00a @ South High School

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#27 Unread post by slimcolo »

Bikers, cops to tangle in 28th Toy Bowl
The Pueblo Chieftain Online
CHIEFTAIN PHOTO/FILE
Law enforcement lineman Scott Vahlbusch (left) and Pueblo Bikers' defender J.T. Trujillo tangle in last year's Toy Bowl.
By GAYLE PEREZ
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN

The Pueblo Bikers United are hoping for a three-peat on Saturday when they line up against a team of law enforcement officers in the 28th annual Toy Bowl flag football game.

Kickoff is scheduled at 10:30 a.m. at the Pueblo County High School stadium.

Admission is $5 or a new toy.

"Next to the Bell Game and the Cannon Game, this is one of the biggest rivalries in town," said Mike Cisneros of Pueblo Bikers United. "Both teams always get pumped up for this game. The intensity on the field is incredible."

Cisneros said the bikers are hoping to win their third game in a row. They defeated the cops 32-21 last year and 36-35 in 2005.

The law enforcement team is composed of players from the police department, sheriff's deputies, Colorado State Patrol troopers and Department of Corrections employees.

The cops lead the series 15-12.
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#28 Unread post by slimcolo »

Bikers take Toy Bowl ‘three-peat’
Annual fundraiser provides toys for needy children at Christmas.
By NICK BONHAM
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN

When the final seconds of the 28th annual Toy Bowl expired Saturday, the Bikers revved up their hogs and rode off into the windy horizon with another victory.

Bikers, 33. Cops, 24.

"Three-peat! Three-peat! Three-peat!" was the chant of Biker fans.

The real winners Saturday, of course, are the needy children of Pueblo.

Sponsored by Pueblo Bikers United, the Toy Bowl is the attention-getter and cash fundraiser leading up to the annual Toy Run, where hordes of bikers collect and deliver toys for 28 local agencies to distribute before Christmas.

More than 800 fans watched the flag football game at Pueblo County High School's Hornet Stadium, the site of the traditional rivalry that pits bikers against area law enforcement employees - city police, state troopers, sheriff deputies, correctional officers, etc.

Annette Bobo, PBU treasurer, said $1,100 was made through the $5 gate admission and six bags of toys were collected. Gate admissions will help purchase toys in December.
The Pueblo Chieftain Online
Law enforcement ball carrier LeRoy Mora (left) runs into biker Gary Johnson during the first half of the 28th annual Toy Bowl flag football game Saturday.

The first half was dominated by the Cops team. With a few seconds remaining before halftime, Cops kicker Mike Showers - who plays for the Denver Titans, a semipro team with the Colorado Football Conference - booted a 47-yard field goal to take a 17-14 lead.

"That was a 47-yard field goal with room to spare, brother," said Tony Wright, sports director at KCSJ-AM radio, who volunteered as game announcer. "This is grass-roots Pueblo right here. These teams are playing some ball, man, putting on a show."

The second half, however, was all Bikers.

"We were kind of sloppy in the first half, especially on defense" said Bikers' defensive end J.T. Trujillo, who also is the PBU president. "We made a few changes at the half and that's what did it."

Bikers' defenders, who didn't lay a hand on Cops' quarterback Scott Alire the entire first half, sacked the veteran three times in the second.

Bikers' defender David Hill had a key takeaway from a Cops' receiver with 6:50 left in the game. hat more or less signaled the end for the boys in blue, as the Bikers continued to roar down the field and control the pace of the game.

"We're going to win it next year," Alire told his team after the loss.

The Bikers, who celebrated their third consecutive win, closed within two games of the Cops for the series lead, 15-13.

"This almost didn't happen this year," said Pueblo County Sheriff's Deputy Ron Martinez, a team captain. "We didn't know when the game was until September, and we only had three practices."

"It's tough to get guys together, especially when there are cops who all work different shifts," Alire said. "But like we said before the game: ‘The real winners are the kids.’ "

The Toy Run is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. Dec. 1 outside South High School.
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

Longmont

#29 Unread post by slimcolo »

SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog

slimcolo
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

CMA toy run Canon City

#30 Unread post by slimcolo »

NOV 10-"Christmas Toy Run", The Canon Crusaders, a Chapter of the Christian Motorcyclist Assoc. Toys and donations may be dropped off at the Quality Inn Motel, Hwy 50 & Dozier between 9am-11am. Donors who wish to give but are without transportation or have other commitments on the date may call 719-275-1386 or 276-1406 for arrangements pick up. All toys and donations will be delivered to "Loaves and Fishes" for subsequent distribution prior to Christmas Day.
SEE NO EVO
HEAR NO EVO
SPEAK NO EVO

and above all

RIDE NO EVO

Read my blog