totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Winter blues in canada

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Larry Culling wrote:That is great Mike. I love getting up in the hills in your area, I'am planning a ride up to Teds Road Range Diner at Meaford early in the season. Have you been over there? we attended a bithday party for the brother-in-law in Norwich last night. The wife made the cake for him as he just turned 65 and bought a new Harley last year it was not hard to decorate the cake, she decorated the cake with a Harley on it and a skelton sitting on the bike. Banners on the aerials read getting old is manditory, but getting smart is an option. We may meet you on the road up there this summer.

Larry
Definately have to meet up and go for a ride when I get back to Calgary. We also organise TMW Pub meet, ride and/or greet nights as well you (anyone is) are most welcome to join in on the fun if you like.

I've been to Saskatchewan only via train across it (VIA rail) but what a beautiful place to see a sunset, I've always wanted to ride there (the closest I got was an hour west) and will have to do it when I get back.

Sounds like an awesome 65th B-Day party! What model of H-D did he treat himself too?

LOL, love the banner on the aerial idea.. haha. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

hakx
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 1985 Kawaski ninja

#12 Unread post by hakx »

Depressed. The forecast tonight recommends that all the brass monkeys are to be brought indoors due to a balmy -47 C. with windchill.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#13 Unread post by Gummiente »

hakx wrote:Depressed. The forecast tonight recommends that all the brass monkeys are to be brought indoors due to a balmy -47 C. with windchill.
If it helps any, I just put my Ural up for sale today. Now I won't be able to "pee" anyone off with winter riding pics anymore.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

bikerguy
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 42
My Motorcycle: 03 suzuki intruder 1400

#14 Unread post by bikerguy »

Icant wait for warmer weather. I need a ride fix bad

Fargo360
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

#15 Unread post by Fargo360 »

Ughh...I feel all of your pain. With the new ride sitting in the garage, and the beginning of the melt on...I just want to get out there and ride. Then we go and get a forcast telling us to look forward to another wonderful march blizzard...yippy :rant:
1976 Honda CBR360R/T
1998 Honda VTR1000 SuperHawk 996

Fargo, ND supports global warming

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Fargo360 wrote:Ughh...I feel all of your pain. With the new ride sitting in the garage, and the beginning of the melt on...I just want to get out there and ride. Then we go and get a forcast telling us to look forward to another wonderful march blizzard...yippy :rant:
Oh, I feel your pain!

This might be the last time before I leave the UK to go back to Canada that I can ride every month of the year. :(

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

hakx
Regular
Regular

#17 Unread post by hakx »

Well, I braved it today. We have had three days of melt and the roads where clear. I fired up the bike that I have been staring at since last November and rode to the gas station. Went for a trip around town..got a little braver..went on the Hwy to open it up. 1000 needles hit every exposed flesh bit on my body so headed back to town. I decided that this wasn't going to beat me, so I put on my riding layers of fleece and gore tex , as well ask a neoprene mask. MUCH better. Went for a 27 Km trip but wished I had brought earplugs for the drone of the aftermarket Vance and Hines, and wind noise.

Now I have to put the bike to bed for another month, as I half to leave the area for a course. (booooooo).

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

hakx wrote:Well, I braved it today. We have had three days of melt and the roads where clear. I fired up the bike that I have been staring at since last November and rode to the gas station. Went for a trip around town..got a little braver..went on the Hwy to open it up. 1000 needles hit every exposed flesh bit on my body so headed back to town. I decided that this wasn't going to beat me, so I put on my riding layers of fleece and gore tex , as well ask a neoprene mask. MUCH better. Went for a 27 Km trip but wished I had brought earplugs for the drone of the aftermarket Vance and Hines, and wind noise.

Now I have to put the bike to bed for another month, as I half to leave the area for a course. (booooooo).
Isn't it great to get out and even do a little riding? I bet you can't wait till it's just a little warmer :D

Mike

hakx
Regular
Regular

#19 Unread post by hakx »

I was thinking of all you Calgary folk and your freak snowfall at the time LOL

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#20 Unread post by High_Side »

hakx wrote:I was thinking of all you Calgary folk and your freak snowfall at the time LOL
It's gotta be bad when the northern AB contingent are pointing and laughing at our weather...... :rant: