Larry Culling
Regular
Regular
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: Red 2003 Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Winter blues in canada

#1 Unread post by Larry Culling »

Missing my ride, I had to go and get some measurements last week and it sure is sad to not be able to go riding now.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Winter blues in canada

#2 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Hi Larry and :welcome:

I'm not sure what you mean by measurements but I definitely know what you mean about missing your ride through the winter! Even whilst living in the UK for the past few years I've had to put my bike away for the winter and it sucks. But it's pretty darn near Spring here so I'm about to be relieved from my winter blues! ;)
Andrea :sun:

noobie
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 1
My Motorcycle: 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit

#3 Unread post by noobie »

Fer-sher... it's snowing here in Seattle. That means no riding for me :(
Although, the weather is supposed to get up to a high of 40 this Saturday - that's my ride day :)
One of my fellow commuters sent a pic on FB of his bike in the driveway, just as it started snowing - he parked it from the commute. He's bold - I would never ride in weather that cold. But, I am curious, is it any more dangerous to ride in snow than it is in rain (at very low temps)?

Noobie

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#4 Unread post by jstark47 »

noobie wrote:But, I am curious, is it any more dangerous to ride in snow than it is in rain (at very low temps)?
Yes. It is more dangerous. If you have to ask, don't do it. I suppose if you had tons of dirtbike experience, and a lightweight 250 dual sport, you might manage. At least for a little ways. Until you got tired of picking the bike back up.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Larry Culling
Regular
Regular

#5 Unread post by Larry Culling »

I drive truck part time, going into Toronto last Friday I met three bikes on the 401 and that really gets the adrenalin flowing, just had to give them a big blast on the air horns and a big wave. It was a beautiful day, no coats type of day but the breeze would have been cool on the bikes. To have a Feb. bike ride is a rare thing in Canada, but would be real cool. Having just joined the Southern Cruisers has helped with the PMS ( parked motorcycle syndrome), as we have a group breakfast once a month, had a wii party three weeks ago and had a bowling night last sat. night with a three chapter get together. It is great to met so many new people with the same interests. Have just signed up to take a course at the end of March to be a road captain or tail gunner on club rides. These positions are needed when riding in large groups so as to be able to split the group into smaller groups for road safety, every little bit helps.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Missing your ride... I know how that is.

I see you just joined the Southern Cruisers. I've been a part of that group in Calgary since 2000. It's a really good group and you'll have a lot of fun riding with them. I got to ride all over Alberta, parts of BC and into the USA as well.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

Larry Culling wrote:I drive truck part time
Welcome to TMW! I drive truck for a living, too...

...but I don't suffer from PMS. :mrgreen:

:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Larry Culling
Regular
Regular

#8 Unread post by Larry Culling »

That is great Mike. I love getting up in the hills in your area, I'am planning a ride up to Teds Road Range Diner at Meaford early in the season. Have you been over there? we attended a bithday party for the brother-in-law in Norwich last night. The wife made the cake for him as he just turned 65 and bought a new Harley last year it was not hard to decorate the cake, she decorated the cake with a Harley on it and a skelton sitting on the bike. Banners on the aerials read getting old is manditory, but getting smart is an option. We may meet you on the road up there this summer.

Larry

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#9 Unread post by ZRex »

...but I don't suffer from PMS. :mrgreen:

Image[/quote]

I love this picture.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#10 Unread post by ZRex »

Welcome.

Spring and Summer will be here before you know it. Time flies by way to quickly which is usually a bad thing, but in this case I won't mind it speeding by so I can get back on the road.