Ready to ride in Oregon - any events coming up?

jimiz
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2004 Kawasaki Concours

Ready to ride in Oregon - any events coming up?

#1 Unread post by jimiz »

It's raining every day now here in Veneta, Oregon just 12 miles west of Eugene. I bought my new '04 Concours 2 weeks ago and haven't been able to get out longer than 1-2 hours without getting caught in the downpour. I know once the rain breaks, this is a beautiful state to go exploring in. I moved here 4 years ago and have been riding around on my older '82 Honda CB900F Supersport. I'm ready for some real riding now that I can go further than 125 miles between gas stations.

Does anyone know of any events or tours coming up? Also, is there a good touring group or club in the area? Thanks.
Life is what you make it!

'04 Kawasaki Concours
'82 Honda CB900F Supersport

Jimiz

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: Ready to ride in Oregon - any events coming up?

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Jimez, welcome to the forum. Have you checked the COG forum? They have a Pacific Northwest section. PlanARide has a new site, nobody in Eugene's singed up yet, be the first. Check Google for Motorcycle rallys and rides. I hope these suggestions were helpful and keep on riding.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

:welcome: Jimiz to the Total Motorcycle Community!

I just posted in the Events forum 2 days ago some great tours/events and rallies that are coming up around the USA, you might find that very helpful.

The '82 Honda CB900F Supersport you have, oooh, great bike, I'd own that in a heart beat. :D

Also take a look at the Southern Cruisers Riding Club in your area, it's a free club, chapters all over and they don't care what make you ride. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Trobairitz
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2009 Suzuki Gladius

#4 Unread post by Trobairitz »

There is a Eugene/Springfield bike night the second Friday of every month at 6:00 pm.

Warm Season Location
Sonic Drive-In
2043 Olympic Street
Springfield, OR 97477

Cold Season Location (right next door to Sonic)
Abby's Legendary Pizza
2053 Olympic Street
Springfield, OR 97477

Coming to a bike night will give you a chance to meet other riders in the area and talk bikes or whatever else is on your mind.

Corvallis is a little further away but not so bad if you go take Territorial Rd to Hwy 36 then to Hwy 99w. We have a bike night the first Wednesday of every month at 6:00 pm
American Dream Pizza
214 SW 2nd St.
Downtown Corvallis 97333

It is nothing for Corvallis to have over 30 people there on any given bike night. Eugene/Springfield bike night is a little smaller but hasn't been around as long.

There are a lot of great roads in the area and a lot of great riders. Most don't care what you ride as long as it is two wheels. Check out the Ride44 forum for more details. It is for local riders from Salem to Eugene (around the 44th parallel)

-Brandy
"You laugh at me because I am different, I laugh at you because you're all the same." - Daniel Knode

jimiz
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2004 Kawasaki Concours

#5 Unread post by jimiz »

Thanks everyone for the info. I have checked out and joined some local group's sites. I will keep eyes open for upcoming events that I can attend. :group:

Thanks Brandy. I'll try to make one of these bike nights coming up. Just crossing fingers for some clear days! :roll:
Life is what you make it!

'04 Kawasaki Concours
'82 Honda CB900F Supersport

Jimiz