jonsims
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: Dragstar, DT 400 250cc Scoot 250 dirt bi

Tripping In China

#1 Unread post by jonsims »

There is something incredibly mind altering about riding scoots in China. Could it be the crazy drivers, could it be the lousy roads? Could it be that there are some amazing things to see.

I've been here 17 years riding bikes..

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: Tripping In China

#2 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Well done!!!!!
there aint nothin like it

scooter12
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 20
My Motorcycle: Honda Rebel 250/ Roketa Bali 250

#3 Unread post by scooter12 »

China has the largest motorcycle/ scooter industry in the world. They are known for scooters, because they sale new in the crate, for a dirt cheap price..lol... It is not scooters, that they copy..lol.. They make copies of everything- thus Americans have a lot to choose from. Think about it. Walmart is more China made goods, than American. Dollar General is the same way.. China undercuts competitors because they have cheaper labor and cheaper materials. But some Americans frown on buying Chinese goods, because they are cheaper than our goods. But some Americans have little opportunity to always buying American made goods. Cost is to much, people are on fixed incomes, ect.. So whom ever has the best deal, usually gets their business. My Chinamen made scooter, is a 250cc scooter, imported by Roketa, called Bali 250.. It has 6300 miles on it, runs great still after 5 years, is a clone of the body style of Honda Foresight 250, engine is cloned after the Honda Helix 250. 244cc engine, 172mm engine, CN250 engine are the same engines. China produced these 250cc scooters in identical style- Tank Touring 250, Roketa Bali 250, Roadrunner 250, Sunl 250, ect.. Any dealer to buy these 250's from China, can name them what ever they want.. China decided to try to break into the American motorcycle industry by selling online verses setting up businesses. They could eventually change, because America is use to dealing with businesses verses online dealers. China wishes to break into the automobile industry too( BYD) and to do this, they are going to need automobiles, parts, services, ect.. to be successful. The same holds true with the motorcycle industry. I will be honest- I am thinking of buying a Honda 2014 300cc scooter, because of easier to get parts. Always cheaper is not better...
Attachments
212.JPG
212.JPG (115.16 KiB) Viewed 11863 times

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#4 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

Got some good resources about motorcycling in Asia? My best friend wants to ride from Cambodia to Nepal next year and I have no idea where to find useful info for her.
Ooooooh. Shiny!