BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: first motorcycle trip ever

#12 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

From about 3:50 on is rt 6 and the grandcanyon of PA hope it helps!!!
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sounds like an awesome trip! What bike are you planning to do that with?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

pyronano
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: monsrer 695

#14 Unread post by pyronano »

Hey thanks im taking my monster. I know its not the most comfortable bike for a trip but i think i can pull it off with a few modifications. The plan right now is to put a small windshield on it and raise the handlebars maybe change the seat. The trip ends in sanger Texas but im still working on the route from GA to TX

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#15 Unread post by Hanson »

Instead of heading strait south across the Carolinas to the cost, you might think about continuing to follow along the Appalachian mountains into Georgia. There are a lot of spectacular roads in that area of the country and you can still drop down into Florida. If this makes you a bit short on time you could always super-slab on I10 almost all the way from Florida to Austin. There are a lot of great places to visit in the Southern states from a cultural perspective, but the roads are not going to be nearly as spectacular as those in North Carolina. Also the timing of your trip puts you along the Gulf cost when the temperature and humidity will be just horrible. Camping in that area of the country at the end of July can be a rather miserable experience even for people who are acclimated to the climate and the bug pressure is very high at that time of the year. If your timing and route are fixed in stone, it might be worth thinking about spending nights in hotel rooms along the Gulf cost to give yourself some relief from the heat and humidity. I would camp where the camping is good, up in the mountains, and save any hotel money for the Gulf coast.

In Texas three season camping means Fall, Winter, and Spring and we go as far North in the Summer as we can.

In any event, I applaud you for taking this trip. I would plan a completely different route, but this is exactly the type of thing I dream about doing on a motorcycle. I hope you will take the time to blog your experiences on this forum.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage