pyronano
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: monsrer 695

first motorcycle trip ever

#1 Unread post by pyronano »

hey my names Damiano and im planing my escape from ohio. im planing on riding down the east cost then heading west to texas. any help finding the best rout down there or tips on places to camp or places to eat or anything worth checkin out along the way would be awesome

this is something like what i am thinking
any advice on any routs thou any of these states would be cool or any other tips

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: first motorcycle trip ever

#2 Unread post by Johnj »

Hello Damiano and welcome to the forum. Later this year (1st of Juneish) I plan on riding Skyline Drive and The Blue Ridge Parkway. Good luck.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

When ya heading out? We got a rally in the adirondaks May 17/19 if your about your welcome to come over!!! When coming across PA rt 6 is a nice slow easy ride but there are excursions all along the way. Like the Grand Canyon of PA in Wellsboro then cut across near narrowsburg NY I think you turn near hawley PA and ride the NY side of the Delaware river rt 97 through the Hawks Nest (great stuff) then bang a right onto 209 down through PA into 611 south turns into 32 into Philly its a great ride kinda hugs the river all the way down.
Best of luck!!!!!!!!
there aint nothin like it

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#4 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

http://grouprider.com/view_route.php?us ... ad_id=5152
Here is something if you have the time I think you will enjoy thoroughly

pyronano
Rookie
Rookie

#5 Unread post by pyronano »

Hey jhon are you coming from the south or north have you thoght about hiting thr blue ridge parkway Or the luray cave.
Dave im new to motorcycles what is a rally. im planing to head out at the end of july or as soon as i have some supplys. That might be the perfect route through PA thanks man

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#6 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Rallies are just a gathering really, instead of planned routes and parade rides long lines of bikes going at a set pace. They usually consist of a place to meet at and eat and you do your own thing with who and were you want to ride. The ADK Rally we usually have a greet on Friday eve. sat morn everyone meets at a set spot and just pick an area ya want and go ride where ya want to ride to or with and we meet back in the evening and have a dinner and a small raffle usually just stuff that was donated everyone usually puts a name in a hat and we pick winners. sun we all eat breakfast together and see ya next year!!!
All rallies are a little different but they can be a lot more fun than a ride sometimes.
Either way man best of luck to ya hope to see ya on the road enjoy!!!!!

pyronano
Rookie
Rookie

#7 Unread post by pyronano »

That sounds like a blast. Hay youv taken rout 6 a few times what are the best stops

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#8 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I have taken 6 out as far as Wellsboro going west. There are many scenic spots but I usually get bored of riding on state and county highways quickly and just grab the smallest twisty road I see crossing a stream/river going up a mountain and end up making a 10 mile trip 30 but in a good way :mrgreen: Wellsboro is a fine little town and there are several state parks in the area always pretty scenic!! As mentioned the Grand Canyon of PA also some really cool wind turbines can be seen along the way as well. There are some congested areas but not to bad and watch out for the water trucks they are everywhere nowadays with all the Frac Drilling going on out there. The 97 part in NY is the Bomb simply put it's just twist and grin all the way down. Let me know when you coming out I'll try to meet ya in Narrowsburg and ride down to near Philly with ya.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44351 here is the adk rally from last year btw

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#9 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

If you're heading as far as Philly, I had a nice ride south out of there on US 301 (some really great bridges along the way). Then, pick up something heading west to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Several good roads to choose from about the level of Richmond. Then, from the Blue Ridge, take a detour to US 129 in Tennessee.

Stop at Churchill's in Savannah for fish n chips and a pint of Boddington's from the tap. Blue Moon brewery is just down the street, too. While you're in the south you should also sample some fried green tomatoes. Delicious.
Ooooooh. Shiny!

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000

#10 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Boddingtons oh you sure know how to hurt a fella, during LENT 9 days left!!!!!!