Vancouver Motorcycle Show in Abbotsford BC January 2016

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

Vancouver Motorcycle Show in Abbotsford BC January 2016

#1 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It's almost that time of year again...to go lust after things we can't have. :mrgreen:

The annual motorcycle show 2016.

http://vancouvermotorcycleshow.com/

blues2cruise

Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show in Abbotsford BC January 2015

#2 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It's coming up soon.

January 23-25.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:It's coming up soon.

January 23-25.
Perfect, that is my bonus payday...need a new helmet, gloves and overpants.......Did a silly thing, forgot to empty out my top box at the end of the season, had my helmet and gloves in it, along with a couple of bananas I forgot about.........nasty....had to toss the helmet and gloves away.
Always ask why.

blues2cruise

#4 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ceemes wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:It's coming up soon.

January 23-25.
Perfect, that is my bonus payday...need a new helmet, gloves and overpants.......Did a silly thing, forgot to empty out my top box at the end of the season, had my helmet and gloves in it, along with a couple of bananas I forgot about.........nasty....had to toss the helmet and gloves away.
Ewwwww.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

Just came back from the show, and I have to admit I was less than impressed. There was a good turn out of manufacturers, especial the Italian marques, Motoguzzi, Ducati, and Aprilia were all in attendance and I saw the new Triumph Trophy...she be big....also a living example of this week cool wall offering, the Victory Vision Tour.....and yes it is even uglier and stupider looking in person. The comments from most people around it would of made the designer hang up his drafting pencils in shame, and then take a long one way walk off a very short pier.

The select of gear was not all that good, in fact I was surprised at the lack of vendors. Oddly enough I was able to find a new helmet, got a Scorpion modular which just seemed to fit perfectly, even better than my beloved HJC's plus a pair of light weight gloves for the Spring and Summer seasons. Signed up again with the BCCOM (British Columbia Coalition of Motorcyclist) a biking advocacy group that has done a lot of good work for the BC Biking community. It's because of them bikes are allowed to load and off load first on the BC Ferries and ride in the HOV lanes of the Highways. I also joined the British Motorcycle Owners Club...figured since I now have my long lusted after Triumph and they seem to be a bunch of 50 something old farts, I should just fit in....more on that later.

But overall, I was not impressed, seems the show has gotten smaller and less interesting.....maybe they need a better venue.
Always ask why.

ShawnKing2
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES

#6 Unread post by ShawnKing2 »

ceemes wrote:Just came back from the show, and I have to admit I was less than impressed.
It was my first time and I've gotta agree.
I saw the new Triumph Trophy...she be big....
LOL It's a real beast, isn't it!?
The select of gear was not all that good, in fact I was surprised at the lack of vendors.
The reason I went out with a new rider friend was to buy gear for her - she was looking for new boots, a helmet, rain gear, gloves, etc. Very few vendors actually selling things. And that being said, good on Daytona Motorsports for actually selling on the show floor (but bad on them for having only one cash register).
But overall, I was not impressed, seems the show has gotten smaller and less interesting.....maybe they need a better venue.
I don't know if the venue is the issue but, having lived in the US for many years and attended the New York and Atlanta versions of these kinds of shows, I was disappointed. The friend I went out there with asked if I'd go again next year and honestly? Unless I was taking someone out to look at bikes (definitely had a good selection of rides to sit on), I wouldn't bother going back.
---
Shawn King
Making Photography Easy!
www.startingpointphotography.com

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#7 Unread post by ceemes »

ShawnKing2 wrote:The reason I went out with a new rider friend was to buy gear for her - she was looking for new boots, a helmet, rain gear, gloves, etc. Very few vendors actually selling things. And that being said, good on Daytona Motorsports for actually selling on the show floor (but bad on them for having only one cash register).
Funny that, Daytona Motorsports is who I bought the helmet from. I was hoping Leather Steel, or is it Steel Leather was going to be there, I need a new pair of over pants and I quite like theirs. With luck they will be at the 29th Annual Classic Bike Show which is being held at the Agriplex building in the Cloverdale Fairgrounds on Sunday April 26th, 2015.

I did run into Jim McNeney of the law firm of McNeney & McNeney. I am 6' 3" tall and have to look waaaay up to look him in the eye, he must be a good 7 foot and he is a passionate rider. If you ever need a lawyers to battle for you against ICBC, Jim and his crew are your best choice in my humble opinion. They did me proud back in '93 when some arsehole blew a red light and t-boned me of my CB650.
Always ask why.

blues2cruise

Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show in Abbotsford BC January 2016

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000

#9 Unread post by ceemes »

blues2cruise wrote:http://vancouvermotorcycleshow.com/

January 22-24, 2016
Think I will give a miss this year, last years sucked hind teat.
Always ask why.

ShawnKing2
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 ES

#10 Unread post by ShawnKing2 »

ceemes wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:http://vancouvermotorcycleshow.com/

January 22-24, 2016
Think I will give a miss this year, last years sucked hind teat.
If I didn't have someone who wanted to go look for gear, I'd do the same. But I'm not going expecting a whole lot.
---
Shawn King
Making Photography Easy!
www.startingpointphotography.com