British Columbia Chat

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#141 Unread post by dr_bar »

That's a big change from the Ninja, any reason for that, or are you going to keep both bikes???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

DocXander
Regular
Regular

#142 Unread post by DocXander »

dr_bar wrote:That's a big change from the Ninja, any reason for that, or are you going to keep both bikes???
Not going to keep both bikes. I love the Ninja, but it's really only good for one thing, ripping along the country road s-curves without a passenger. I am starting to miss the nice casual cruises with my wife on the back. I want to be able to ride to Whistler, or Calgary, or anywhere else for that matter. The Ninja is just not practical for that for us. So, I was planning on making my next bike a cruiser. However, did not plan on purchasing my next bike for another year or so, but a good deal came knocking out of the blue. I had to open the door.
DocXander
SCRC 443 Victoria
1995 Suzuki VS800 Intruder
1982 Yamaha Maxim 400

Life is a Highway... wanna go for a ride?

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#143 Unread post by dr_bar »

Most people are too busy to answer doors like that, congrats on the new ride.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#144 Unread post by blues2cruise »

Xander, now you need a new avatar pic to go with the new ride.

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#145 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Great to hear about the new ride. Gotta pick up a battery for my oldtimer. Seems it crapped out over a period of disuse :cry: Maybe make it for coffee on Sunday. Planned to go last week but that's when I learned the battery was toast. Thought I might kick start it and get it going that way but not for the first time this season. i guess it needed more volts then the battery had or more power then the old man had cause I didn't get it going. :lol:

Those intruders are nice bikes. Now you'll have something if you decide to go on the chicken run or to the LCR in Oregon (SCRC events coming up this summer)
GarryS ---- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience."

DocXander
Regular
Regular

#146 Unread post by DocXander »

Yes they are nice bikes. I think I will enjoy it. Just put a new battery in it today, got it from Battery Direct on Government St. Cheapest in town by $55-$100; I phoned everywhere. Good deal. I will be there Sunday, and trying to convince my boss to come. When I told him I joined the SCRC, he said he did too, but has not gone to any rides or anything. He joined last June or July!! Not sure what's taking him, but I am trying to give him a swift kick in the uknowwhat!
DocXander
SCRC 443 Victoria
1995 Suzuki VS800 Intruder
1982 Yamaha Maxim 400

Life is a Highway... wanna go for a ride?

old-n-slow
Legendary 300
Legendary 300

#147 Unread post by old-n-slow »

Picked up battery from Canuck Tire. $60 with tax $68. Had to fill it with acid mineself (supplied) and charge it. Appears to work jest fine. Oldtimer is back on the road. yeeeehaaaaa!

Has stopped raining, now just has to warm up. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
GarryS ---- "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience."

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond

#148 Unread post by dr_bar »

old-n-slow wrote:Picked up battery from Canuck Tire. $60 with tax $68. Had to fill it with acid mineself (supplied) and charge it. Appears to work jest fine. Oldtimer is back on the road. yeeeehaaaaa!

That's about $10 less than I paid for my already filled and charged battery I picked up from Polar Battery in Bby on Boundry road...

blues2cruise

#149 Unread post by blues2cruise »

old-n-slow wrote:Picked up battery from Canuck Tire. $60 with tax $68. Had to fill it with acid mineself (supplied) and charge it. Appears to work jest fine. Oldtimer is back on the road. yeeeehaaaaa!

Has stopped raining, now just has to warm up. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Great. I expect to have mine back on the road sometime this week. I need to come over to help someone count inventory so I will send a message when the time comes. Around 6 weeks from now or so. It should be a lot warmer by then.

blues2cruise

#150 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I got to ride today. The day started out ok but while the group of us were in the restaurant it had started to snow. So we decided to pay our bills and head home before it got too bad.
I was hoping that today would have been like yesterday. No such luck.

I think I'll go snowshoeing tomorrow instead.